Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., New York, Kenya, Cameroon, and India and affiliates in London and Tokyo.
Reports to: Operations Officer
Location: Seattle, WA
Malaria No More is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the day-to-day administrative needs and activities of MNM’s leadership team and the Finance and Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector while applying exceptional administrative skills. This dynamic and challenging position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to adapt to the highs and lows of a fast-paced, small office environment and who can manage multiple tasks and responsibilities. As the Executive Assistant will, at times, work with high profile individuals (or their assistants), the role requires maturity and discretion, great attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a high level of professional administration and communication skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Executive Support (60%) (for CEO, Chief Growth Officer (CGO), Managing Director of Strategic Communications, and other members of the leadership team as needed)
- Provide administrative support of a complex, confidential, detailed and time-sensitive nature
- Oversee scheduling and calendar management, including engagement with both internal and external stakeholders and multiple U.S. and global time zones
- Coordinate and manage complex and continually changing domestic and international travel
- Track and process business-related expenses
- Track CEO workflow and priorities through strategic handling of incoming requests
- Track CEO and CGO engagement with key donors and partners as related to development needs
- Draft and send correspondence as requested
- Arrange meeting agendas and attend meetings to take notes and report out as requested
General Office Management and Administration (40%)
- Assist in recruiting and new hire onboarding
- Perform administrative duties including answering and directing all incoming calls, responding to inquiries, and distributing all incoming mail
- Manage office equipment (computers, phones, copier, etc.) and liaise with IT support or other external vendors as needed
- Manage office voicemail and maintain updated staff directory
- Administer and track conference room reservation and conference line schedules
- Track employee vacation and work-related travel on shared calendars
- Track and order office supplies
- Manage business card, letterhead and other printing orders
- Greet and host all guests
- Provide support for other operational and program activities as needed from time to time
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years’ work experience in a professional environment, including experience in directly supporting senior leadership members
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy
- Ability to create effective tracking and management systems, follow up on open issues and carry tasks through to successful completion.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information and documents with discretion and maturity
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant – Full Name”:
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to applications received by 10:00 pm PT Sunday, January 21, 2017.