From Our Blog
Motivating individual donors: Building a loyal base of donors
By Anna Jensen-Clem
This afternoon’s wide-ranging discussion of fundraising came down to two basic (and opposing) points: a donor’s experience can be transactional or transformational. Your donors can give a one-time gift out of obligation or the desire to see an immediate return, or you can foster a long-term relationship with them and witness your organization transform their lives. Clearly, the latter is ideal, and better for everyone involved. [Read More]
Recent posts from our blog
- May 8th Global Social: Latin America
- General Petraeus returns – strongly supports USAID, state funding
- Dr Is In: Everything You Want To Know About Social Media
- World Malaria Day at PATH: “We’ve learned what works.”
- Dr. Is In! Developing your case and messaging: Stand out for what you stand for!
Featured Member Organization
Off-grid solar energy for a brighter future
By Sara Veltkamp
If I entered the following keywords on a career website: international travel, off-grid alternative energy, expedition, engineering, and philanthropy, the search engine would probably not produce many positions satisfying all the conditions. But after my interview with Eric Youngren, founder and CEO of Solar Nexus International (SNI), I know one job that does: his.
Founded in 2008, SNI is a small, value-added distribution company based out of Orcas Island that designs off-grid solar energy solutions particularly suited for the developing world due to their relatively easy installation, durability, and standardization of parts. The main component of the off-grid system, called the Solar Nexus, is a pre-wired power center that contains all of the necessary components to convert solar energy into usable power. [Read More]
Members In The News
Today is the annual GiveBIG event in Seattle, a massive online giving spree sponsored by the Seattle Foundation aimed at raising money for good causes and for fostering a broader “collective” identity and appreciation for this region’s many charitable and humanitarian endeavors.
“GiveBIG is an opportunity to focus on the collective work we are doing to build a healthy community,” said Mary Grace Roske, spokeswoman for the Seattle Foundation. “It’s a day to come together.” [Read More]
Recent Members In The News
- Seattle’s fight against fistulas around the world
- Local Focus To Solve the World’s Problems
- Construction for Change: Marines to Engineer Hope in the Solomon Islands
- The Globalist guide to high school study abroad programs
- Seattle’s Landesa aims to help rural girls in India
Member Video Of The Week
- H.R.1793 Global Partnerships Act of 2013
- H.R.898 –Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2013
- H.R. 528—Invest in America First Act of 2013
- H.R. 479—Arms Sale Responsibility Act of 2013
- H.RES. 19—Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Senate should ratify the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
- H.R. 200—To provide that funds for operations of the Armed Forces in Afghanistan shall be obligated and expended only for purposes of providing for the safe and orderly withdrawal from Afghanistan of all members of the Armed Forces and Department of Defense contractor personnel who are in Afghanistan.
- H.CON.RES. 7—Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should provide, on an annual basis, an amount equal to at least one percent of United States gross domestic product (GDP) for nonmilitary foreign assistance programs.
- S.3646 Afghan Women and Girls Security Promotion Act of 2012
Careers In International Development
Find paid positions, internships, volunteer positions, board of directors positions with our member organizations.
- globalwa: GlobalWA member, @upayaSV, was cited in @2point6billion "Social Development in #India: Challenges and Solutions"! http://t.co/tFPwno9XKk
(about 1 hour ago)
- globalwa: Check out our friends at MovingWorlds (@Experteering)- the 1st Global Experteering Network! Connecting people & Orgs: http://t.co/u9bKAvxnZp
(about 2 hours ago)
- globalwa: Looking for a #job, #internship or #volunteer opp in the global development sector? Check out our career center: http://t.co/iapgP8FC9k
(about 4 hours ago)
- globalwa: RT @SeaIF: Today is the first Intl Day to End Obstetric Fistula. What is fistula and how are Seattleites working to end it? http://t.co/35…
(about 18 hours ago)
- globalwa: How #socialchange leaders can effectively get their message out & why it can be smart to dumb things down: http://t.co/MiK38N5Y3D @SSIReview
(about 23 hours ago)