From Our Blog
World Malaria Day was established in 2007 as a way to mobilize advocates and citizens around the world to help put a stop to the disease. This year’s theme is Invest in the future, Defeat malaria, which encourages people to help close the malaria funding gap. 2015 also marks the ten-year anniversary of the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). The goal of the PMI was to reduce malaria-related mortality by 50% across fifteen high-burden countries in Sub-Saharan Africa through a rapid scale-up of treatment and prevention. The PMI’s achievements include the procurement of 40 million insecticide treated mosquito nets and 48 million antimalarial treatments. Read More
Recent Blog Posts
- Earth Day: April 22
- Zillow Speaker Series: Nathan Palmer-Royston, Cocoa Sourcing Manager at Theo Chocolate
- Combating Corruption: Seattle Business Leaders Take a Stand
- The Campaign for Capacity
- March 22 is World Water Day
Featured Member Organization
Before the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) brought together major players in the coffee industry at their 27th Annual Expo in Seattle April 9-12, Seattle University (SU) embarked on its own coffee journey. Led by Professors Susan Jackels and Quan Le and in partnership with Fair Trade USA, two teams of students, faculty and alumni from SU and its Jesuit sister school, Universidad Centroamericana Managua (UCA Managua), traveled to San Antonio, a heartland of Nicaraguan coffee. Read MoreRead our newsletter
Members In The News
Why do I do volunteer for others when I should be focused on growing my business? Because I’m selfish.
This past week, I dedicated one day of work, and half my weekend, to speak at an American Cancer Society event in Wyoming. Over the year, I’ll commit at least one workday a month, plus additional evening and weekend hours to volunteer activities like this with the American Cancer Society, as well as supporting a volunteer-led symphony that supports Seattle Children’s Hospital. And I’ve been doing this for years.
Read the full article here.
Recent News Posts
- This Charity Wants to Provide Clean Water for Impoverished Children, and then Disappear
- Activists Launch Campaign to Fight Power of Richest 1%
- On This International Women’s Day, Let’s Recognize the Value of Investing in Women and Girls
- An Adventure With A Cause: PhotoPhilanthropy with Landesa in India
- Impact Investor Global Partnerships Invests in Solar to Connect the Poor With Light