From Our Blog
On November 13, a group of executive and program directors gathered for Global Washington’s ED Roundtable to discuss a challenge that all NGO leaders face: fundraising. Brad Rutherford, Executive Director of the Snow Leopard Trust (SLT), led the lively discussion and talked about the success he’s had in his almost 15 years with the Trust.
“Executive Directors wear many hats,” stated Rutherford. “Fundraising is similar in that it’s never one size fits all.” Rutherford described SLT’s three main sources of fundraising – Snow Leopard Enterprises, donors and subscriptions, and annual events. [Read More]
Recent posts from our blog
- Expanding Opportunity for Farmers in Paraguay
- How Can Data Be A Tool for Social Good?
- Ghana’s Oil for Food Initiative: Finding a Solution to the Resource-Rich Paradox
- Healing Hearts in a Country with Plenty of Broken Ones
- Turning Oil into Food: Sustainable Development in Ghana
Featured Member Organization
Featured Organization: Global Visionaries
During last month’s United Nations Climate Summit, more than 400,000 people took to the streets of New York and other cities across the globe to participate in the largest mobilization of climate activism the world has ever seen. In a time of multiple global problems such as climate change, racial and ethnic tensions, resource shortages, wars and class disparity, these demonstrations exemplify the desire to find solutions to seemingly insurmountable global challenges.
Members In The News
China is launching what is perhaps the most ambitious land registration system in history, seeking to document and protect property rights to more than one billion plots of land across the countryside.
Recent Members In The News
- MovingWorlds Opens Platform to Connect Skilled Volunteers with Opportunities Worldwide
- Ebola Crisis: UNICEF in Action
- Startling amount of violence faced by children – UNICEF report
- Martin Coles – CEO – HaloSource
- The Ethics of Innovation
Member Video Of The Week
- International Affairs Budget Update: August 4, 2014
- House Bill 1292: Vacating Prostitution Convictions
- House bill 1791: Concerning Trafficking
- State Bill 6339: Concerning coercion of involuntary servitude
- H.R. 938: United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014
- H.Res. 488: Supporting the people of Venezuela as they protest peacefully for democracy, a reduction in violent crime and calling for an end to recent violence
- H.Res. 447: Supporting the democratic and European aspirations of the people of Ukraine, and their right to choose their own future free of intimidation and fear
Careers In International Development
Find paid positions, internships, volunteer positions, board of directors positions with our member organizations.