Minerva Strategies is a mission-driven, Seattle-based agency that inspires positive change through smart communications. We partner with clients who see opportunities where others see intractable problems, and are bold enough to try new solutions. While many of our clients tackle global health and development challenges, we also partner with groups that serve marginalized and vulnerable populations in the U.S. These include organizations that offer sustainable access to clean water in East Africa, treat Washingtonians struggling with opioid addiction, and create the most up-to-date, comprehensive global health data available. We provide clients with a combination of strategic communication thinking and rigorous implementation.
About the Associate Position
The associate is an energetic jack-of-all trades who appreciates guidance and is poised to grow and learn. This position requires someone with a strong degree of professional flexibility; as a small shop, the associate needs to handle some of the more mundane, day-to-day functions that keep our client work moving forward but also be equipped to contribute to client-facing, strategic work, as well as new business efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting research related to all aspects of client work including competitive landscape review, media outreach preparation, issue-specific analyses.
- Researching, drafting, editing various forms of content including website content, collateral materials, press releases.
- Reaching out to reporters, preparing talking points, supporting media trainings, corresponding with journalists to secure positive coverage.
- Researching, writing, and contributing to new business generation.
- Ongoing client interaction.
- Limited administrative duties.
Requirements and experience are as follows:
- Three to five years of communication experience, preferably working with mission-driven organizations.
- Four-year degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, storytelling acumen, enthusiasm for traditional and social media.
- Ability to take initiative, and move projects forward amid competing demands for time and attention.
- Enthusiasm for self-directed learning and ongoing self-improvement.
- Experience with project management and client-relationship skills are a plus.
- Illustrated interest in global health and international development issues.
Position is based in Seattle, WA and reports to Minerva Strategies’ president.
Salary range is $42,000-50,000 depending on experience. Benefits include Industry-competitive benefits package including 15 days paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and a retirement savings plan.
Minerva Strategies is dedicated to ensuring our hiring process reflects our social justice values. We are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive work environment, and we welcome team members from different racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, and political perspectives. We strongly believe that the insights and contributions of a diverse team will provide the best service for our clients.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.