Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and WASH sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world. Splash is pursuing funding to reach 100% of government schools in Kolkata with full WASH coverage by the end of 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
The WASH Infrastructure Specialist will be part of the implementation team for Project WISE, a 5-year initiative to reach 100% of government schools in Kolkata with full water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) coverage. He/she will lead the Infrastructure team to ensure time and budget bound installation and construction of water and sanitation infrastructure at hundreds of school sites across Kolkata each year.
This person will also manage the team that is responsible for ensuring consistent and timely ongoing operations and maintenance support to existing school sites where Splash has previously worked. This person will be responsible for making sure that all phases of Splash’s infrastructure program (design, budgeting, hiring of contractors, and construction projects) are completed on time and within budget. This will necessitate in depth program progress and financial tracking, personnel management, contractor management, risk management, and conflict resolution.
The best candidate for this position will need to have proven experience in all of the above categories of management. This position will play a key role in the hiring and onboarding of infrastructure team members going forward.
- Take primary responsibility of ensuring that the WISE Infrastructure Team delivers all water and sanitation infrastructure installation and construction at hundreds of school sites across Kolkata each year within budget and timeline
- Create and oversee the execution of strategic plans (logistics, contractor management, procurement, etc.) for completion of infrastructure installations across all targeted school sites
- Supervise all infrastructure team staff at Splash as well as the partner organisation through leading hiring, onboarding, job training, creating workplans, evaluating performance, and building staff capacity
- Lead all communications from Kolkata with the USA-based global WASH Infrastructure Manager
- Provide regular well-documented reports to Project WISE Director and USA based staff on infrastructure program completion progress and financial expenditures.
- Be a member of the Infrastructure Contract Committee which will make decisions on contractor and vendor selection as well as providing resolution on all contract disputes or conflicts
- Support Country Director and Seattle-based Development team in creating WASH infrastructure components of proposals and reports. Collaborate with other Splash Program team members in Addis Ababa, Kolkata, and Seattle, and share knowledge with other country teams to support continuous learning and improvement
- Liaise with partner organization’s Finance and Administrative Head as well as Splash’s Finance Manager to ensure all inventory and financial documents are duly recorded, and all procurement adheres to Splash procurement policy
- Manage relationships with local and international suppliers and vendors
- Take an active role in government and donor meetings to represent Splash’s infrastructure work and expertise in a clear and concise way
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness and long term sustainability of all infrastructure program processes and equipment. Be a leader for innovation and improvement.
- Perform other duties as needs arise in the course of implementing the project.