- Oversee and coordinate World Relief Seattle’s volunteer program and all volunteer activities in support of our local ministry.
- Recruit, screen, train, and supervise ongoing volunteers (individuals and small groups) and occasional short-term service teams.
- Help World Relief Seattle move progressively toward the vision of seeing every newly arrived refugee and asylee matched with a volunteer and/or local church in a long-term, mutually-transformative relationship.
- Work closely with other staff who oversee volunteers on a day to day basis to make sure they are supported and encouraged, and provide technical guidance to staff and volunteers.
- Reach out to area churches and the general public to communicate the mission of World Relief and to recruit volunteers.
- Act as a liaison between volunteers and newly arrived refugee and immigrant families—making introductions, providing background information and offering support.
- Manage application and interview process, orientation, and training of new volunteers.
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers (monthly email updates, occasional mailings, feedback surveys).
- Conduct ongoing volunteer appreciation and recognition.
- Maintain up-to-date records of volunteer hours and activities, enter data regularly into database, and report volunteer data to the Outreach Manager.
- Participate in Outreach Team meetings and promotional activities, engaging potential supporters in the work of World Relief Seattle.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A desire to serve Jesus Christ in coming alongside refugees, asylees, volunteers, and churches.
- Volunteer management experience highly desirable.
- Experience working or volunteering with refugee populations a plus.
- Comfortable with group communication and training
- 1-2 years of experience in a social service or ministry setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively with people of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time as well as strong data management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of a second language a plus.
- Intermediate computer knowledge, including MS Office and the ability to learn new programs.
- Flexibility in schedule and a desire to learn.
- Current driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
- Location: Kent, WA
- 30 hours/week, ongoing
- Reports to the Outreach Manager
- Compensation: $19.50/hr (after 90-day probationary period)
- To apply, please visit https://www.worldrelief.org/careers
- *This may take a few days to go live on the hiring portal
- For questions, contact Liz Nelson at LNelson@wr.org
For more information and to apply, click here.