The Max Foundation’s (Max) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to innovative cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) where no other means of access exist. We work with, governmental and non-governmental agencies, national cancer centers and other public institutions, health care providers, patient associations, and pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers to provide access to life-saving treatments. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our proprietary access programs. Patients are at the center of all we do. The Max Foundation is currently working to increase the size and scope of our access programs to reach more cancer patients and meet today’s global health need now and in the future. Max is an ambitious, fast-paced, mission-driven, and patient-oriented organization aiming for large-scale impact. With annual in-kind donations valued at more than $300M, an operating budget in excess of $10M, and over 60 global team members, currently, Max delivers more than 5,000,000 daily doses of life-saving cancer medication to thousands of patients in over 70 countries annually and in collaboration with 118 medical institutions. Through our work, we improve and save lives, enable humanitarian donations of life-saving therapies to patients in LMIC, and strengthen healthcare systems.
The Max Foundation is looking for a team member who will exemplify our Values & Guiding Principles:
- Model excellence by going beyond in every aspect of your work.
- Show dedication through a passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope.
- Spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents.
- Value collaboration at all levels and know the result is better for it.
The Max Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization seeking a Vice President of Programs to join our executive team. This person will have a direct hand in shaping Max’s future. Reporting to the CEO, this role leads and oversees the implementation of the strategic plan. They develop the operating plans for our portfolio of global access programs. With an internationally disbursed team of nine, they will drive global operations through strategic initiatives. They will be responsible for ensuring the efficacy of Max’s global program infrastructure.
The role requires significant leadership skills and ability with a bias for action. Strong relationship-building skills and a patient-centered approach are critical in this work. We are looking for a nimble, innovative, inspiring, and seasoned leader able to expand and manage complex internationally disbursed programs with different stakeholder requirements. They will be highly organized and a systems thinker with experience building efficiencies and optimizing complex processes while meeting stakeholder expectations and ensuring quality. Understanding of and experience in the pharma and LMIC environments is desired. This is an exciting opportunity to deliver on Max’s strategy to expand access to and distribution of life-saving cancer treatment, care, and support in LMIC.
Opportunities for Impact:
- Develop a deep understanding of all the elements of the current program and fully oversee the implementation of new patient access programs.
- Guide the organization at a senior leadership level by providing direction for all programs, supply chain, and patient access functions.
- Lead the development of innovative systems to monitor and evaluate programmatic outcomes and advocate for the sustainable expansion of our program portfolio.
- Collaborate with executive and regional leadership to assess the organization’s challenges and drive business process improvement initiatives.
- Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing, and business finance.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, learning, continuous improvement, and excellence.
Long term Opportunities for Impact:
- Inform, share, and implement the strategic vision as set by the Board and CEO. Use data to advance and refine the future of the foundation’s programs.
- Formulate business strategy, communicate to a globally disbursed team to engage and strengthen the foundation.
- Expand programs; increase the number of patients served and treatments available.
- Cultivate a broad network of critical relationships and influence key external partners at senior and executive levels. Be an advocate in the global health space, influence policies to further Max’s mission
- Support business process improvement initiatives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Candidates will be evaluated on the full range of their lived and learned experience, professional background, volunteer experience, and direct and transferable skills. The Max Foundation is seeking candidates with a compelling combination of demonstrated experience and skills in some, or all, of the following areas:
- 10+ years of professional experience and career growth in the program management, supply chain or operations field, preferably in the pharma industry or LMIC. Must have 5+ years of experience managing teams.
- The combined experience, maturity level, and flexibility to interact with a broad set of stakeholders and team members.
- Be passionate about and a steward of The Max Foundation’s mission. Bring high integrity, enthusiasm, drive, intellectual rigor, and authenticity to the role. Earn trust, inspire others, and build stakeholder commitment towards common goals through vision and purpose.
- Understand the uniqueness of The Max Foundation and build upon established programs.
- Attract, develop, cultivate, and manage a high-performing team.
- Lead operations through change with sensitivity, clear vision, excellent communication, and strong emotional and social intelligence.
- Develop short- and long-term business plans for the organization that incorporates opportunities for scalable growth as well as risk analysis.
- Be proactive with strong business, analytic, and negotiation skills.
- High attention to detail and maintain a standard of excellence in work.
- Champion an idea or project, advocate for a point of view, collect ideas and viewpoints from diverse constituents and then build consensus to take action.
- Advance project and people management skills. Able to navigate in a fast-paced environment with a solid track record of understanding the nuances of the process and cultural differences.
- Manage through influence and use interpersonal/emotional intelligence skills and political acumen in respectful, collaborative, and diplomatic ways.
- Empower and inspire team members while providing the right balance of mentorship and leadership.
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: Able to dissect a problem using a critical approach, iteratively test solutions, and make critical decisions.
- Present clear, well-thought-out recommendations verbally and in writing. Must be able to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional teams and to external audiences and gain support for them. Fluency in French, Spanish, or another language a plus.
- Understanding of the LMIC environment, including the pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance requirements for distribution of donated medicines preferred. Knowledge of EU Good Distribution Practices desirable.
- Deliver superior customer service. Have the flexibility to do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively work in a global and multicultural capacity across time zones and among diverse team.
- Maintain a sense of perspective and humor through challenge, uncertainty, and change.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position with a target starting salary range of $130,000 – $150,000 depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Employer-paid premiums for medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Paid time off that includes vacation, personal time, and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Life and short-term disability insurance, with the option to purchase additional life and/or long-term disability insurance coverage
- Parking, Direct Deposit, Costco membership, and a wellness program
The position is open until filled with a priority deadline of March 30, 2020. Candidate materials are reviewed on an on-going basis, and initial interviews will begin by mid-March. Please submit a resume and a two-page (or less) cover letter addressed to the Search Committee. Please upload the resume and cover letter as a single, combined WORD or PDF document at https://valtasgroup.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0qfl5/. You may direct questions to Amy Burton, email@example.com, or 206.718.5122.
The Max Foundation is a progressive, equal opportunity employer committed to creating a welcoming work environment. The Max Foundation and The Valtas Group do not discriminate based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to a diverse, socially just, and welcoming work.
The learn more, click here!