OneWorld Now! is an after-school language and global leadership program for racially and economically diverse youth in the Seattle area. We seek an organized and dedicated team player to join our team as an Administrative Intern for our high school summer camp. The Administrative Intern plays a huge role in the success of the camp and takes responsibility for several daily aspects of helping the camp run smoothly, such as tracking attendance and handling daily lunch orders, as well as being ready to take on additional tasks as needed.
– Organized with excellent time management skills; able to work in a fast-paced environment
– Professional working proficiency in English
– Interest in supporting the growth of young people of color, youth from immigrant families, and youth from low income backgrounds.
– Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks each day
– Comfortable making calls and talking on the phone
– Experienced working with racially and economically diverse individuals and communities, such as working class, immigrants and refugees, communities of color, and LGBTQ populations
– Passionate about International Education or Nonprofit work
– Experienced in a dynamic work environment such as food service
– Passionate about foreign language education, with an interest in Arabic, Korean, Chinese, or Russian
– Oversee camp supplies, including but not limited to: taking inventory, ordering, distributing, and tracking supplies
– Handle daily camp lunches, including but not limited to: Researching options, ordering lunches and tracking expenses to stay within a budget, confirming on-time food delivery, directing lunch set-up and take down.
– Track daily camp attendance tracking, including but not limited to: creating and distributing attendance sheets, making phone calls to absent youth, communicating attendance to teachers and staff.
– Other duties may include: Help supervise field trips, take notes at meetings, and any other tasks as needed.
Lunch provided daily during camp, plus an ORCA card provided for July if needed.
Fill out the application form at https://oneworldnow.formstack.com/forms/intern_application, including uploading a cover letter and resume.