Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., New York, Kenya, Cameroon, and India and affiliates in London and Tokyo.
Reports To: Chief Growth Officer
Since 2008, Malaria No More has worked with government leaders, National Malaria Control Programmes, local and national communities, and public and private partners in Africa to drive political leadership, increase funding and innovation, and support the delivery and awareness of live-saving tools to end malaria. We currently have programs in Cameroon and Kenya where we conduct activities that include behavior change communications, targeted advocacy in support of domestic resource mobilization, private sector engagement, civil society partnerships and strategic communications.
As part of our annual strategic planning, Malaria No More is looking to identify areas for growth in Africa. Malaria No More is seeking a Strategy Consultant to undertake a review of MNM’s previous and existing Africa Programs, value proposition, identify technical trends, market opportunities, and donor strategies and draft a report with recommendations for MNM’s 5-year strategic plan in Africa.
Target deadline of March 31, 2019 to complete this report.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Internal and External Interviews: Solicit input from MNM staff, partners, and key malaria stakeholders on past successes/failures and future objectives and ideas
• Technical and Market Research: Research malaria technical trends, geographic priorities, funding levels, regional strategies, global priorities, and flagship malaria programs with greatest impact and success, as well as new innovations and emerging players
• Donor Research: Identify potential donors with priorities aligned with MNM’s core capabilities in Africa, identify top traditional and emerging donor prospects, and create a segmented, prioritized list of multilateral, corporate, foundation and individual donors for MNM to target
• Final Report: Develop and submit detailed set of recommendations for a proposed strategic direction for MNM’s Africa Programs – this report should include:
o Strategic Objectives: Recommendations for future direction and priorities for MNM’s Africa Programs
o Fundraising Plan: Research and develop detailed, actionable fundraising plan for MNM in Africa with individual cost and timelines for different fundraising approaches to help MNM identify, prioritize, pursue and develop sustainable revenue streams in Africa.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
• 10+ years of experience in strategic or management consulting (specific exposure to global health organizations a plus)
• Familiarity with malaria, including policy and advocacy, private sector, communications, civil society, global resource mobilization, and domestic resource mobilization
• Deep knowledge of Africa market for fundraising and philanthropy across corporate, foundation and individual donors
• Strong track record of success in developing strategic plans to meet ambitious goals
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines with high levels of collaboration
• Superior oral and written fluency and communications skills in English required
• Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and consultancy fee requirements to email@example.com with “Strategy Consultant, Africa – Full Name” in the subject heading.
No phone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an Equal Opportunity Employer