As a fellow working with the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Foundations you will be bolstering Tearfund’s fundraising operations. You will research new foundation prospects, rigorously examining areas of alignment between their mission and Tearfund’s mandate to follow Jesus where the need is greatest and work alongside the local church to overcome poverty and injustice. You will log partner profiles in Salesforce and systematize records as needed. On a regular basis you will manage mailings, print proposals, and help assemble application materials. Your skills will bring accuracy and care to the important task of foundation research.
This is a one year Fellowship. 25 Hours/week.
Apply for this fellowship if you: enjoy sleuthing, organizing information, wade through data for fun, are a critical thinker, and nerd out on CRM functions.
Research and Data Entry
- Unearth, cross reference, and record relevant prospect information from the Foundation Directory Online (FDO).
- Collect and log foundation data in Salesforce.
- Conduct online research using various platforms for the purpose of donor/foundation research.
- Evaluate and recommend foundation prospects well suited to Tearfund’s mission and programming.
- Assist the Director of Strategic Partnerships in preparing proposals, reports, and other digital/print resources.
- Manage mailings to foundation partners/prospects.
- Assist in note-taking and coordination of meetings with foundations, strategic partners, staff, and/or donors.
- Perform other administrative duties as needed.
Organization and management
- Attend weekly staff prayers, lead/participate in team prayer and biblical reflection.
Required knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities
- Attention to detail, adaptability, life-long learner, and eager to help wherever needed.
- Basic understanding of the charitable/nonprofit (NPO)/non-governmental organization (NGO) sector.
- Critical thinking to obtain, analyze and evaluate information in the face of ambiguity. Make decisions and ask for input based on relevant information and experience.
- Experience with CRM databases (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack preferred).
- Experience with Google suite of products (drive, docs, sheets, gmail).
- Exercise discretion with private donor/partner information.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per year for team meetings.
- Committed, mature, Christian with an active relationship with Jesus and participation in a local church.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated lifestyle of Christ-like humility, compassion and generosity with time, talents and treasure. Passionate commitment to Tearfund’s value and beliefs, and to living in accordance with them.
For more information and to apply, click here.