Splash (www.splash.org) is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
The Staff Accountant will handle day to day accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and bank transactions to ensure compliance with finance and accounting policies and procedures. This position provides a unique mix of day to day accounting tasks combined with the ability to collaborate with our international offices and implement processes and improvements as we continue to grow our impact.
- Prepare, conduct, and record all bank deposits in accounting system and track balances in international cash accounts
- Process and ensure quality and accuracy of semi-monthly payroll process as well as credit card and expense reimbursements
- Code and record all accounts payable transactions, issue checks to vendors, set up international wire transfers
- Prepare annual 1099 forms and maintain vendor files
- Work with international accounting staff to review financial data on a regular basis; schedule and participate in monthly financial review meetings with program management and international staff
- Assist in month-end closing process, uploading country transactions in accounting system and ensuring they are recorded in accordance with GAAP and internal policies
- Perform monthly reconciliations and research any discrepancies in balance sheet, revenue, and expense accounts
- Consolidate financial data and transactions across Splash’s sites and financial systems to prepare reports for donors on progress and spending.
- Be a thought partner in the structure of implementation of new accounting software as well as provide introduction and training of that software to staff of all levels across the global organization
- Provide training and promote adherence to new accounting policies for purchase orders, expense claims, and other accounts payable activities in global office
- Provide financial data, documents and reports for internal stakeholders, and for audit preparation
- Serve as a champion for Splash’s commitment to honesty and transparency in all financial matters
For more information and to apply, go here.