Formerly Puget Sound Blood Center and Lane Blood Center, Bloodworks is backed by more than 70 years of Northwest history and 250,000 donors. A national leader in transfusion medicine, Bloodworks has been chosen to serve more than 90 hospitals in Washington, Oregon and Alaska – partnering closely with local hospitals to deliver the highest level of patient care. Patients with traumatic injuries, undergoing surgeries or organ transplantation, or receiving treatment for cancer and blood disorders all depend on our services, expertise, laboratories and research. We are local, nonprofit, independent, volunteer-supported and community-based.
We have an excellent opportunity in the Bloodworks Finance and Accounting department. The Staff Accountant will maintain general ledger and prepare financial schedules and analysis reports for management; and will maintain and monitor accounting records to assure compliance, reliability, and relevance of information for business decision-makers. Incumbent will be responsible for general accounting and grant accounting functions. This position reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
Requirements for this position include:
• An understanding of accounting and financial principles, processes and practices
• Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Dynamics GP are preferred
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, ability to focus on big picture issues
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability and willingness to manage simultaneous work projects • Ability to write reports that are understandable regardless of the financial knowledge of the audience • Strong oral and written presentation skills, including the ability to review and abstract information
• An understanding of the demands and tight deadlines of a complex healthcare organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or Finance) is required
• A minimum of two years’ of experience in general accounting is required
This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position based at our Central location in Seattle’s First Hill Neighborhood. Bloodworks is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bloodworks Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- Full Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required
For more information and to apply, click here.