PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms – vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Marketing & Communications Team leads PATH’s brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH’s work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
The Sr. Social Media Manager contributes to PATH by leading the fastest growing, and highly visible, channel PATH has to offer and is part of the PATH Marketing & Communications team. Social Media is currently progressing at a speed that requires an experienced leader to drive thoughtful strategies that impact the current, and future state of the business. The Sr. Social Media Manager has a robust amount of experience around paid and organic approaches with social media programs, that leverage the strengths of the platforms and the communities that play within them, while ensuring that we are growing engagement and driving traffic and conversion where most appropriate. They will partner with key social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter, as well as seek out and develop new and emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand. This leader will position the PATH social media program as a leader in the overall industry of brands (not just NGOs or global health), by building smart, innovative and scalable efforts that break the mold of status quo and push into what’s possible in the next era of social media. They will understand how to use social media to strategically build brands, create attention and generate user advocacy on a global scale.
Key priorities for the Sr. Social Media Manager are the promotion of brand, activity, product and experiences, driving acquisition of new customers, and engagement of retained members. They will lead the creation of a distinct point of view on the look, feel, sound (overall taxonomy) that shows up in our social channels, and push forward strategies to ensure we are able to be nimble and responsive to fast hitting news that could yield powerful, contextually relevant messages that drive value to the brand. They will develop and lead a program that includes highly sharable content that is creative, attention-getting and on-brand for our content and service. The Sr. Social Media Manager will be expected to work closely with the brand, media and PR teams to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into brand marketing and paid media efforts, as well as leverage any potential earned and owned media opportunities.
Leadership and Strategy Requirements
- Develop holistic social media strategy (publishing, creative, community management, paid, organic), and lead the execution of it through the team, with a push for continuous improvement.
- Drive point of view on creative, content and storytelling footprint that clearly positions PATH’s brand across multiple channels, in partnership with the creative and editorial team at PATH.
- Deliver a clear point of view on the best application of a social approach in brand messaging across PATH programs, campaigns and total offering, in a way that puts the customer at the center.
- Deliver and implement a thoughtful point of view on the best social media strategy, governance policy and program structure to support the global footprint of PATH (i.e. country offices and US HQ).
- Provide proactive thought leadership on the total breadth of the social media landscape, with a thorough understanding of the capabilities of social media and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, and how to use those capabilities to develop a range of strategies and content forms that social media users want to share with their networks.
- Challenge teams to have their finger on the pulse for the global health industry, NGOs, values that are connected to PATH and broader pop culture to ensure that our voice and messages sit within the appropriate context.
- Drive enhanced sophistication in overall resource planning and analytics to enable us to optimize our investments and grow the impact that this program is having on the total organization (brand awareness and donor/funder revenue).
- Partner with media relations, performance marketing and editorial to ensure that the social strategy is being honored and applied in the best way across all publishing functions.
Planning and Navigating Requirements
- Proactively define and deliver social media strategy, business plans and roadmap in the achievement of PATH business goals.
- Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Define and develop digital experiences, tools and processes to enable community engagement between customers, members, influencers and PATH.
- Drive alignment and push for social first thinking within the greater integrated marketing efforts to bring cohesive PATH brand to market.
- Oversee agency and application selection, negotiation, resourcing and management.
- Establish and grow internal relationships at all levels of the organization to ensure long-term program development and growth.
- Work collaboratively with PATH teams across the business to develop and execute creative ideas, plans and strategies as well as applying social insights to the broader business (e.g. trends on Instagram to inform visual content development).
- Define social media standards and practices in partnership with creative (look, feel, sound) and BSI (community management).
- Organizational structure design and implementation to drive appropriate resourcing, accountability and growth paths.
- Drives social media program planning and cadence in partnership with social media leadership.
- Communicate program strategies and results consistently to create transparency and visibility into the progression of the program.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume Marketing/Communications division, ideally for a Fortune 500 corporation, global NGO or large advertising agency.
- Deep functional knowledge of organic and paid elements of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Periscope and YouTube is a must.
- Will have developed highly creative social media marketing campaigns and will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant social sharing and PR attention.
- Poised and well-spoken in the presence of executive leadership.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and under tight deadlines in an occasionally non-traditional work schedule.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to edit your own work.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with a history of anticipating issues and taking proactive action to develop and implement an appropriate response plan.
- Proven cross-functional, proactive outreach and collaboration.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a vigilant attention to detail.
- An open minded, creative, thinker who thinks out of the box and looks for new ways to analyze, evaluate and plan activities.
- Ability to create and adhere to timelines and schedules.
- Able to interface with multiple project managers and update project status.
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Video editing and Photoshop skills a plus.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location: United States, Seattle
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
For more information, click here