Global Brigades is the largest student-led global health and sustainable development organization. Every year, more than 500 university Chapters around the world mobilize nearly 10,000 volunteers abroad to participate in health, water, sanitation and economic projects that empower rural under resourced communities Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, and Ghana.
The Social Media Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Marketing Manager to learn how Global Brigades works to spread news and updates with the stakeholder base, and support Social Media campaigns and initiatives as they relate to the organization’s 2018-2019 Marketing Goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Social Media Content Development and Reporting
- Draft social media posts across channels
- Contribute to the editorial calendar
- Report earned media activity and social media analytics
Video Content Migration
- Assist in developing Global Brigades’ YouTube channel
- Strategize the organization of video channels
- Write copy for video descriptions
- Undergraduate student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, design, communications, or other related area of study
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to quickly adopt the Global Brigades voice
- Prior experience with Global Brigades is preferred
- The opportunity for your creativity and new ideas to be heard and utilized with a non-profit organization
- The ability to build strategies and digital innovations
All applications are due August 31st. The position begins September 10th and ends April 30th. You are expected to work 10 hours a week and log your work hours. This is an unpaid volunteer internship. To apply, please submit your resumé and your cover letter that includes the questions below to Alexa Boldt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are you passionate about Global Brigades and how does that relate to social media?
- A great deal of this role will be to develop a strategy for Global Brigades’ YouTube channel. What experience do you have with this platform, and what goals would you set to achieve with this task?