Title: Senior Marketing & Communications Manager Reports to: VP of Development
Status: Salaried, Exempt Location: Seattle, WA
The Max Foundation’s (Max) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to innovative cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) where no other means of access exist. We work with national cancer centers and other public institutions, health care providers, patient associations, pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, and governmental and non-governmental agencies to provide access to life-saving treatments. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our proprietary access programs. Patients are at the center of all we do.
The Max Foundation is currently working to increase the size and scope of our access programs to reach more cancer patients and meet today’s global health need now and in the future. Max is an ambitious, fast-paced, mission-driven, and patient-oriented organization aiming for large-scale impact. With annual in-kind donations valued at more than $300M, an operating budget in excess of $10M, and over 60 global team members. Currently, Max delivers more than 5,000,000 daily doses of lifesaving cancer medication to thousands of patients in over 70 countries annually and in collaboration with 118 medical institutions. Through our work, we improve and save lives, enable humanitarian donations of life-saving therapies to patients in LMIC, and strengthen healthcare systems.
The Max Foundation is looking for a team member who will exemplify our Values & Guiding Principles:
- Model excellence by going beyond in every aspect of your work.
- Show dedication through a passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity & hope.
- Spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents.
- Value collaboration at all levels and know the result is better for it.
The Senior Marketing & Communications Manager will report to the VP of Development and will provide expertise and implementation to our marketing & public relations (PR) plans. They will collaborate with leadership and provide strategy recommendations. This position will create high-quality, high-impact content across all departments and closely collaborate with the development team on content for fundraising initiatives. Content creation includes digital assets, copywriting, interviewing, social media, and more.
- Curate, write, edit, and update content for The Max Foundation’s audiences. Content areas include: marketing (social media, blog posts, brochures), programs (Regional collateral, fact sheets), development (video production, events, campaigns, appeals), and more
- Implement the PR efforts of the organization including press releases, media relations, internal communication SOPs, organizational messaging, and more.
- Responsible for making recommendations and contributing to the direction of Marketing & Communication plans, in alignment with organizational strategy and in partnership with leadership
- Collaborates with global team-members across the organization to gather content and stories for communicating to external audiences
- Performs complex and strategically critical assignments in their functional area
- Builds influential relationships with The Max Foundation partners and has built a network of people in peer organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or relevant certification, a plus
- 5-7+ years of full-time experience in a marketing and/or PR role
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to make critical decisions
- Strong project management skills and ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with a solid track-record of following through on commitments
- Experience working in a global and multicultural capacity across time zones and among diverse team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; written and verbal fluency in French, Spanish, or another language, a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- High attention to detail and a high standard for quality work products
- Passion for superior customer service and flexibility to do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Comfort working in a periodic high-paced and high-workload environment
- Ability to manage a full email inbox and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Mission driven, enthusiastic, dependable, positive, self-starting
We offer compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
Visit our website at https://www.themaxfoundation.org/careers to apply. Please include résumé and cover letter.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, click here.