SUMMARY OF THE OVERALL JOB
The position is primarily responsible for driving the Resource Mobilisation team’s efforts in acquiring new CSR clients from both private and public sector companies in India.
The position will be responsible for meeting the CSR/ HR Heads at various corporates/Public sector undertakings (PSU’s) to make pitch presentations, creating customized proposals, key account management of existing corporate donors, as well as for donor servicing, query resolution and grant reporting.
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES Ø STRATEGY FOR CORPORATE FUNDRAISING
- To implement the long termcorporate acquisition strategy to meet fundraising targets for Breakthrough
DONOR PROSPECTING & ACQUISITION
- To devise a targeting and prospecting strategy so that companies of the right profile are approached
- To set up and hold meetings with the senior management teams (such as HR head, CSR head, Marketing head and Head of Corporate Affairs) of potential corporations / PSU’s; to explain Breakthrough’swork and focus areas.
- To explain various avenues, ideas and opportunities to explore mutual areas of interests with potential corporates
- To represent Breakthrough in different corporate forums and events, CSR seminars and conferences, nationally and internationally, to network and with prospective corporates and improve the visibility of the organization
- Create and update the prospect trackers, monthly proposal trackers, and weekly meeting calendars and submit to Director-Resource Mobilization
DEVELOPMENT OF PRODUCTS & MATERIALS
- To coordinate with the Programme Implementation team to obtain inputs on current programmes, case studies, etc. that can be incorporated in the pitch presentations
- To create pitch presentations, case studies, and audios/videos for showcasing existing interventions
- To brainstorm with the team to develop products for corporate fundraising, such as payroll giving and co-branding initiatives
- To ensure the timely development of proposals and concept notes as per donor requirements in coordination with the programme team
- To participate in the process of conceptualizing and writing proposals and provide donor perspective and clarify donor requirements
- To finalize the proposal to be sent to the donor after incorporating all the feedback received from Director-Resource Mobilisation.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & RETENTION
- To extensively communicate with the Programme Implementation team to obtain programme information and updates
- To conduct regular meeting with donors to provide them programme updates and current programme status
- To ensure regular interaction with the grants team to share programme updates and exchange information regarding events, activities and new partnerships
- To encourage donors to conduct programme visits for getting first-hand experience and information regarding the programmes being implemented by Plan India and their impact
- To review the itinerary for field visits and accompany the donors on these field visits
- To ensure effective key account management to enhance donor retention and receive grant extensions
- To provide timely resolution of queries raised by corporate donors
- To review and ensure timely submission of donor reports to all the corporate donors
- To ensure timely, accurate and effective donor servicing in terms of the standard processes, such timely dispatch of donor receipts, tax certificates, sharing the annual reports, etc.
- To maintain an active pipeline of prospective corporate partners to meet Fundraising targets for Corporate partnerships as per the mandate (twice the fundraising target)
- To maintain a pipeline for closures and realizations in the financial year comprising both new and existing corporate partners
- To provide inputs for the creation of grant agreements/contract with the corporate partners to ensure they meet donor requirements
- To review the grant agreements to ensure compliance to Breakthrough’s procedures, system and ethical guidelines issues (incl. the CP policy)
- To manage the grant agreements for corporate partners in terms of seeking extensions or tracking under-spends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation; MBA (preferred)
- 10 years + of relevant experience
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. Submit your resume along with a cover letter at email@example.com. Please mention Senior Manager – Corporate Partnership.
For more information and to apply, click here