Global Women’s Rights Coalition Seeking Experienced and Senior Level Executive Administrator/ Operations Manager (Seattle, Full Time)
Are you fired up about women’s safety and rights around the world? Passionate about the power of dedicated citizens to change the world? Do you have deep experience managing highly diverse teams? Are you a self-starting firecracker, roll-up-your-sleeves, never-say-die, go-getter who goes the extra mile (or 10!) to support those putting themselves on the line for a more just world? Comfortable wearing multiple hats, deftly navigating meetings with corporate or institutional partners in the same day you hand-hold a first-time activist halfway around the world?
If so, we’d love for you to join our team, aimed at global systems change to end violence against women and girls. We are a quickly-scaling global women’s rights organization, founded on inclusion and a bottom-up approach.
Our expanding Seattle-based global women’s rights coalition is seeking an “operations engine”: part Operations Manager(OM), part Senior Executive Assistant (EA) to join our leadership team full time. The right candidate will shadow the CEO, providing expert-level administration support, while providing project and performance management to our remote and Seattle-based team. The OM/EA will be responsible for remote events management, project management and coordination of the team and committees, fundraising tracking, data entry and maintenance, extensive written correspondence, scheduling, and other administrative duties. The candidate should be tech savvy, able to communicate through multiple channels, a consistent proactive problem solver, and extreme well organized. Able to handle administrative projects and deliver high-quality work despite long CEO absences due to international travel schedule. Additionally, sustained ability to navigate an extremely fast paced environment, shifting work flows, unconventional work hours associated with CEO and team’s extensive travel schedule.
You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for our coalition of women’s rights advocates, from shadowing the CEO who often works an average of 60+ hours a week, coordinating events remotely, to everyday tasks like processing receipts and maintaining calendars. You will also be assisting with recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration (or a related field) and have prior experience in an office management, executive assistant or operations position.
Operations Manager/ Senior Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work closely with CEO to manage team deliverables and work plans
- Support global engagement with highly diverse coalition members and stakeholders, from acid attack survivors to former Heads of State
- Promote a company culture that promotes continual high energy and high performance.
- Track and project manage organizational fundraising activities.
- Liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors.
- Schedule meetings and other appointments across global time zones
- Accurately maintain CEO and team calendars
- Manage complex international travel and meeting schedules.
- Manage database systems, update records, and organize files
- Event coordination, often remotely, including travel arrangements, catering, and document production.
- Manage document translations.
- Participate in budgeting, reporting, and planning.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist with recruiting as necessary.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the team and board of directors plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support worker communication with the CEO and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among the team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including formal correspondence with senior stakeholders.
•At least 10+ years’ previous experience as an Executive Assistant/ Operations Manager or relevant role.
•Highly skilled with computer skills, including G Suite & Asana
•Highly organized multi-tasker who works well with fast-paced directions and instructions.
•Demonstrates excellent time management skills
•Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information
•Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred
Please respond with a cover letter and include your responses to: 1. Why this work is appealing to you; 2. Why you are the best candidate for this role;3. Specify your target salary range.
For more information and to apply, click here.