The Max Foundation’s (themaxfoundation.org) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to targeted cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries where no other means of access exist. We create those channels by working with pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, governmental and non-governmental agencies, health care providers, and patient associations. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our own access programs, rather than given as grants to other charitable organizations.
We are currently working to increase the size and scope of our access programs so we can reach more patients and, in doing so, meet today’s global health needs and those of the future as well. We have a fast-paced organizational culture and aim for large-scale impact. At our current capacity, each year we deliver more than 4,000,000 daily doses of lifesaving cancer medication to thousands of patients around the world.
We are looking for a team member who will exemplify The Max Foundation’s Values & Guiding Principles: you model excellence by going above and beyond in every aspect of your work; show dedication through your passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope; spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents; and value collaboration, working well with others at all levels and knowing the end result is better for it.
The Senior Development Manager will serve as a key relationship builder with external constituents and collaborate with leadership to develop and exceed annual fundraising goals. As a tenured and mission-driven development professional, the Senior Development Manager will cultivate critical partnerships that will promote growth and increase organization’s global presence. The Senior Development Manager will bring grant-writing expertise and develop the foundation revenue program. The Senior Development Manager will be a visionary leader and internal influencer who elevates a culture of fundraising across all aspects of the organization.
- Develop annual fundraising strategy in partnership with leadership
- Create and solidify foundation relations program by researching, prioritizing, and engaging mission-appropriate funders
- Write a high-volume of polished grant proposals and letters of inquiry for foundations and corporate partners; consistently track and report progress of active grants
- Cultivate a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors through the engagement process, including contact via: phone, e-mail, proposals, letters of inquiry, and in-person meetings
- Build and deepen relationships with current and prospective donors; serve as an outward-facing spokesperson for organization’s mission, impact, and programs
- Research and identify new sources of funding at a corporate and foundation level
- Lead the organization in building out revenue tracking and reporting processes
- Strengthen development communications by working alongside the marketing team in crafting a compelling case for support
- Partner with leadership to expand the scope of donor acknowledgement strategy and options
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or CFRE a plus
- 6-7+ years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience, with 3+ years at a senior development level, preferably in a global or public health-related organization
- 3+ years of grant-writing required with experience writing successful funding proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant reports
- Demonstrated track record of successfully meeting or exceeding fundraising goals
- Proven expertise with donor management software, Little Green Light preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate effectively with team-members across all levels and departments
- Experience working within an international team with diverse backgrounds
- Able to multi-task effectively, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, growing organization
We offer compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
To Apply: Visit our website at https://www.themaxfoundation.org/careers to apply. Please include résumé and cover letter.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.