TITLE: Senior Associate, Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Director, Talent Management
ASSIGNMENT TYPE:Regular, FTE
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that responds to people affected by poverty or disaster with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies, delivering over $500 million in innovative health programs and quality medical aid to more than 90 countries and all 50 U.S. states each year. For more information, visit Americares.org.
Americares Human Resource department takes a leadership role in providing service in support of Americares vision by promoting the concept that our people are our most valuable resource. We act as a catalyst to enable all Americares people to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of our humanitarian and public health program objectives. We provide programs, services and advice that help the organization attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive mission-driven work environment. We do this with an emphasis on customer service based on consultation, best practice, and communication with Americares management and staff, globally.
Americares is seeking to hire a talented candidate who is eager to gain practical experience within the human resources field or leverage prior HR/administrative experience in the role. We are looking for eager candidates who wish to work for a mission driven organization. In this role you will provide important support to the HR team and our staff and gain valuable experience within the HR profession and global health sector. This position is located in our Stamford, CT Headquarters.
This role is designed for those who are starting out in the HR field – – a great opportunity to learn. You will support the HR team primarily in an administrative capacity in areas like payroll & benefit administration, basic HR reporting, database support, file maintenance and HR/payroll compliance, employee event planning and provide back-up support to reception when needed. You will also have the opportunity to work on ad hoc projects, which can be shaped to match your interests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will provide support to the department in the following areas:
- Support and coordination on travel related issues for staff
- Manage HR files, both physical and electronic, for personnel, employment law, benefits, reporting, compliance and payroll related documents
- Support the front desk team as needed with shift coverage and staff directory updates
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of new hire onboarding introductory meetings and new hire space as needed
- Complete employee verification requests as requested by staff and external parties
- Support the planning and coordination of HR led employee events and activities
- Coordinate travel and hotel accommodations for staff, recruitment candidates, and more as needed
- Support with key onboarding tasks for all new hires
- Provide general support to the organization’s field offices
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Create and maintain HR metrics and monthly organizational data reports
- Compile cross-departmentally requested reports for yearly audits and reconciliations
- Ad-hoc project requests as assigned
Benefits & Payroll Administration
- Support with processing payroll cycles for exempt & non-exempt employees
- Create and maintain HR summary reports, reconciliations, and general ledgers
- Responsible for monthly premium bill processing and participant reconciliation
- Responsible for management of our NovaTime timekeeping system and timesheet generation for payroll processing periods
- Support the execution of the organization’s open enrollment period for all benefit-eligible employees
- Support the organization’s legal compliance with state and federal law provisions by completing federal reporting, such as EEO-1 and ACA compliance
- Initiate and maintain, as needed, state tax registrations (with support of our payroll service provider)
Consultant Payment Support
- Drive the onboarding and offboarding processes for the organization’s consultants, contractors, and HR-related vendors
- Partner with the Finance department to prepare and process consultant payments in accordance with the monthly payment schedule
- Maintain and update physical & electronic consultant, contractor, and vendor files.
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster and consistently demonstrate Americares core values of being Collaborative, Accountable, Responsive and Effective.
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work/internship experience – preferably in Human Resources or a related field
- Previous experience in Human Resources field and exposure to payroll & benefits support is ideal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effective ambassador of HR
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective communicator
- Proficiency with Windows environment, particularly MS Word & MS Excel, exposure to any type of applicant tracking database a plus
- Strong analytical thinker, comfortable with Microsoft excel and learning new databases
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States;
Personal Success Factors:
- Guided by a strong sense of ‘customer service’ and providing solutions (both internal and external)
- Takes ownership of work, drives for quality results and accepts responsibility
- Adept at problem solving; resourceful
- Bias towards sharing ideas and making astute observations for process improvement
- Is a self-starter, takes initiative and raises hand to participate
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail, committed to excellence
- Professional composure and the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Can work effectively as part of a team just as well as they can work independently
- Analytic thinker
- Passion for our mission
For more information and to apply, click here.