The Max Foundation’s (themaxfoundation.org) mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to targeted cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries where no other means of access exist. We create those channels by working with pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, governmental and non-governmental agencies, health care providers, and patient associations. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our own access programs, rather than given as grants to other charitable organizations.
We are currently working to increase the size and scope of our access programs so we can reach more patients and, in doing so, meet today’s global health needs and those of the future as well. We have a fast-paced organizational culture and aim for large-scale impact. At our current capacity, each year we deliver more than 4,000,000 daily doses of lifesaving cancer medication to thousands of patients around the world.
We are looking for a team member who will exemplify The Max Foundation’s Values & Guiding Principles: you model excellence by going above and beyond in every aspect of your work; show dedication through your passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope; spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents; and value collaboration, working well with others at all levels and knowing the end result is better for it.
Role Summary: The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting functions including: maintenance of the general ledger, month-end closings, drafting financial statements, preparing tax filings, supporting audit preparation, payroll, and accounts payable & receivable. This position will play a support role in systems and process improvements. The ideal candidate will be an individual who wants to work for a growing organization in a collaborative, problem-solving manner.
- Lead the month-end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and ensuring proper, accurate, and timely recording of transactions in compliance with GAAP and company accounting policies
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, including cash accounts
- Process international and domestic vendor payments via wires, ACH transactions, and company credit cards
- Administer bi-monthly payroll
- Produce financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, or reports required by regulatory agencies
- Manage employee and international contractor expense reimbursement process
- Support annual audits by preparing schedules and responding to auditor requests for supporting documentation
- Implement new and innovative systems to support evolving business needs
- Collaborate with other departments by providing technical accounting expertise, as needed
- Degree in business, accounting or finance
- Minimum five year experience in non-profit/NGO accounting
- Knowledgeable in GAAP and IRS codes
- Advanced QuickBooks skills, and knowledge of comparable tools
- Experience with international transactions and accounting a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Skills and Attributes:
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality
- Possesses complex problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities
- Passion for continual process and systems improvements
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced, growing organization
- Collaborate effectively with team-members across all departments
- Excellent judgment and decision making capacity
We offer compensation commensurate with experience and generous benefits (Range $80,000 – $85,000).
No relocation provided.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.