Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions consulting firm based in Burlington, VT. We catalyze lasting impact through our work with variety of clients including bi-lateral donors, foundations, and private sector companies around the world. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by brokering public-private partnerships, providing deep analytical insights in emerging markets, and catalyzing transformational impact investments. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance seeks candidates for a Responsible Recruitment Partnership Specialist (RRPS) for the five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Asia CTIP project, for which Winrock International is the prime implementing organization and Resonance is a sub-implementer leading private sector engagement (PSE) and partnership development. USAID Asia CTIP is a regional project funded through USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) which is entering year four of implementation.
The RRPS will be based in Winrock’s office in Bangkok, Thailand (or, if the RRPS is remote, they will work closely with the Bangkok-based staff), and will lead PSE efforts with the primary focus of supporting responsible recruitment of workers within and across borders in Asia in order to reduce the prevalence of trafficking in persons. They will work closely with Resonance’s Senior Private Sector Engagement Specialist (SPSES) currently supporting PSE and partnership development on behalf of the project to support a coordinated and impactful approach to PSE. The vision of success for this position is that, through PSE and partnership development, the RRPS will help reduce the demand for, and use of, exploitive labor among recruiters, businesses, and employers in Asia.
The RRPS will support implementation of the project’s PSE strategy and work plan (with a specific focus on responsible recruitment) and coordinate reporting requirements. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the USAID Asia CTIP SPSES, the USAID Asia CTIP Chief of Party, Resonance home office, and other key stakeholders to execute a coordinated and impactful approach to PSE and partnership development to support the objective of USAID Asia CTIP to reduce human trafficking in Asia;
• Advanced degree in economics, business, international relations, social science, political science, or other related field;
• Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, ideally including work on issues related to the intersection of business and international development (experience relevant to designing and/or implementing safe migration initiatives, responsible recruitment and/or worker related initiatives in the agriculture, construction and/or domestic work sectors would be a distinct advantage);
• Demonstrated experience leading PSE and public-private partnerships;
• Expertise in responsible recruitment, safe migration, human rights and/or human trafficking in the Asia region;
• Experience conducting research and policy analysis, preferably in regards to migration and recruitment policies;
• Experience working with stakeholders across the public, private and non-profit sectors, and an existing network of contacts in the Asia region to draw upon with respect to public-private partnerships for development;
• A proven ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private, public, and civil society sector stakeholders required;
• Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
• Proven experience developing high-quality written deliverables, such as project concept notes, work plans, and programmatic reports;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required, and proficiency in Thai, Burmese, Khmer, and/or other migrant worker languages is highly preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Asia CTIP Responsible Recruitment Partnership Specialist” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply, click here.