This position is responsible for greeting residents and meeting a variety of their needs and signing in all visitors and vendors who enter the Cristwood buildings. This position will also answer phones and triage calls to CRISTA Senior Living and all of CRISTA Ministries as needed. This position is an integral part of the Senior Living mission of providing joy and purpose to the lives of our residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Respond to resident pull cords and smoke alarms and handle or refer as appropriate.
- Respond to alarms and handle/triage for fire and disaster.
- Greet and facilitate for residents, family members/advocates, visitors and vendors who call or enter Cristwood.
- Ensure all visitors and vendors sign in and out of buildings.
- Answer phones in a courteous and professional manner and route calls as appropriate. Telephone tree/triage for CSC and all of CRISTA Ministries.
- Meet and/or refer all needs presented to them (example: copying, faxing, selling stamps, scheduling guest apartment, elevator pads, roll-away beds, etc.) by residents of Cristwood and other areas of CSC.
- Create and distribute memos to residents and staff and distribute and/or forward the mail.
- Collaborate with HIPAA Privacy Officer to maintain strict adherence to confidentiality regulations at reception desk and within the retirement community.
- Record, coordinate and track maintenance requests.
- Inform Administrator and Business Office Manager of information and situations relevant to the safety and status of residents at Cristwood.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the Administrator, Business Office Manager and Admissions Coordinator.
- Assemble and mail packets to potential residents as requested.
- Complete shift documentation in receptionist log, initiate incident reports and provide forms for transfers to hospitals or other facilities.
- Assist with daily mail distribution as needed.
- Check keys in and out for staff, vendors, residents and the guest apartment.
- Register, confirm and/or cancel events/bus trip reservations for residents.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and their families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Have a personal faith in Christ and a desire to demonstrate Christ-like principles.
- Adhere to the CRISTA Christian commitment statement, practice of biblical disciplines and regularly attends departmental/ministry devotions and staff meetings.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a receptionist or customer service representative or equivalent role.
- Light typing.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a calm manner.
Licensure/Certification: First Aid and CPR training (may be acquired within one month of employment).
Software and Equipment Used:
- Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Field Force work order entry.
- POS System.
- Enjoy working with seniors.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with seniors in a positive, courteous, confidential and professional manner.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good judgment in responding to routine, urgent and emergent requests and situations.
- Ability to maintain detailed, neat and accurate documentation on daily shift log and other documents as needed.
- Model excellence in customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, residents and their families.
For more information and to apply, click here.