VillageReach works with governments to solve health care delivery challenges in low-resource communities. Our programs focus on increasing access to quality health care at the last mile, or the point at which services are delivered. We develop and implement new ideas and approaches to ensure vaccines and medicines are available, increase the capacity of health workers and ensure they have access to data to improve health. Our work improves the lives of more than 20 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique.
VillageReach is a Ministry of Health social partner organization in strengthening the health system, and supply chain logistics services. As part of the program, this position will support the planning and execution of Information Technology and Communications (ITC) initiatives as well as provide continuous support to multiple departments.
The core objective is to assist the Provincial Government in multiple provinces to interact collaboratively with distribution partners and integrate the distribution services of locally contracted third party logistics (3PL) which will be managed by a fourth party logistics company (4PL). These services must achieve target efficiency levels. In order to track these efficiencies and the availability of inventory at health facilities, we employ a visibility and analytics network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Support and contribute to overall planning, implementation, monitoring, and management of project performance, including management of any sub-partners
- Supervise project team, including both project operations staff and technical staff. Collaborate with remote Global Technology Team (GTT) to establish TOR’s and support requirements.
- Review and comment on Supply Chain program structure and staffing to ensure effective and cost-efficient implementation and program geographic expansion
- Observe and comment on the implementation of strategies and processes for knowledge capture, transfer and transition of supply chain solutions to government
Government Capacity Building
Interim Leadership Skills
- Ability to enter an established project and motivate the team to change courses of action and behaviors [high level of emotional intelligence]
- Ability to motivate staff and partners by building relationships quickly
- Ability to rapidly assess the situation to determine right courses of action
- Ability to understand the limitations and strengths of operating in an interim capacity
- Ability to be respected as a leader even though people know you are only there for a fixed period
The following competencies reflect both what is expected of all VillageReach employees and of an individual in this specific role.
- Interpersonal Skills: Conduct oneself with sensitivity, awareness and respect when working with diverse groups of people, including VillageReach staff, beneficiaries, donors and partners;
- Dependability: Act at all times as a reliable and effective team player, volunteering to help without being asked;
- Initiative and Results: Proactively enhance the quality of programs, outputs, workplace environment and relationships;
- Representation: Represent VillageReach and its programs by demonstrating a personal commitment to the mission and values of VillageReach and a sound knowledge of the organization, its principles and its programs;
- Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship: Demonstrate leadership by being a positive example to others, a positive force programmatically and organizationally; foster a culture of innovation;
- Commitment to Learning and Growth: Demonstrate commitment to develop, acquire, document and apply best practices in related fields, and apply solutions to obstacles to organizational effectiveness.
- Consistency: Demonstrate consistent and productive attendance and work record;
- Compliance: Follow VillageReach policies and procedures;
- Writing and analytical skills: Superb writing skills and the ability to assemble, distill and analyze all necessary information for proposal writing, reporting, and presentations.
- Problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills: Ability to collect and analyze information quickly and efficiently to identify issues and provide solutions that are feasible and appropriate to the local context. Confidence to share innovative best practices and opportunities for change with a diverse group of peers. Foresee needs and develop solutions accordingly;
- Personal qualities: Energy, intelligence, diplomacy, sound practical judgment and the ability to work independently without supervision. Resilience and flexibility in responding to setbacks and challenges.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise project staff in Maputo and in the provinces. Supervisors are expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities through personal interventions include; planning, assigning and directing work as well as monitoring performance.
- Responsibilities through existing line management and Human Resource Management structures include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Also disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education & Experience:
- A Master’s degree in public health, supply chain management, or related degree with at least 8 years of senior-level management experience in managing large and complex projects or a Bachelor’s degree in public health, supply chain management, or related degree, with at least 10 years of experience in managing large, complex projects
- Proficiency in communicating verbally and writing in English is essential.
- Knowledge of the Mozambique landscape and more importantly the Public Health space and the CMAM strategic objectives is a decided advantage.
- Familiarity and a history working with USAID is highly desirable.
- Several years of leadership experience in a Supply Chain context is of important.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Comfort working in a virtual team environment.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English; strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Some experience with laboratory systems preferred.
- Self-starter that can work independently to advance project objectives efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks, problem-solve, and work under pressure
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
APPLICATION INFORMATION:This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until October 3, 2019. To apply, please submit your resume (in English) and a cover letter to our online portal:https://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
For more information and to apply, click here.