StolenYouth seeks a top performing, high-functioning, full-time Program Coordinator who enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced and self-managed environment. The Program Coordinator reports to StolenYouth’s President and Board of Directors and assists with general operations, event coordination, communications development, marketing, day to day administrative and office support, and other tasks as assigned. Additionally, the Program Coordinator supports donor management and development activities including research, grant proposal writing, and writing thank you letters. This position demands excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, creative thinking, and effective time management.
The role requires the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize, work under pressure with competing deadlines, communicate effectively, and manage time impeccably. A natural orientation toward problem-solving is essential, especially using online resources and database systems.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Leadership Support, including for StolenYouth’s President, Board of Directors and working committees. Manage calendars and schedule board, committee, and external meetings.
- Donor Engagement, including support for grant writing, prospecting, and grant administration. Support donor communications including writing thank you notes, annual reports, and other expressions of gratitude.
- Program and Project Support, including providing expert project management skills for special projects and crunch time support to Board, leadership and team.
- Event project support in the planning and execution phase.
- Transactional and Operational Support, including helping to manage independent contractors, vendors, IT, volunteers, etc. Field and respond to general inquiries, speaking requests, and FAQs.
- Document Management and Database Research, including data entry and maintenance; assisting with file creation, management and upgrades as required; conducting research on a variety of topics and issues for a diverse set of audiences.
- Material Preparation, researching, creating, updating, and assembling materials for internal and external purposes, including backgrounders for meetings, talking points, event kick-offs and support, presentations, speeches etc.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization at community events and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for helping StolenYouth achieve its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written, verbal and technology-based communication skills.
- Efficient and persistent, with experience juggling diverse tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands and multiple deadlines while adapting to meet unexpected and urgent requests.
- Ability to design, implement, and manage changes or interventions to ensure project goals are achieved, proactively asking questions to gain clarity about tasks assigned in order to successfully complete the work.
- Maintain respect for the confidentiality of StolenYouth activities and stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to a productive and inviting workplace by being proactive, approachable, flexible, professional, diligent, and detail-oriented.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as capability to provide database management.
Subject matter expertise a bonus (trafficking, child welfare, foster care, homeless youth and/or related experience).
StolenYouth is a growing organization. A successful candidate will be responsive to the changing needs of the organization, both on a day-to-day and long-term basis. Flexibility and a positive attitude are paramount.
StolenYouth is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position: Submit cover letter and resume to StolenYouthJobs@gmail.com Position is open until filled and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Qualified candidates will be asked for writing samples and references.