Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Project Assistant will provide administrative support to the Corporate Sustainability Services team, including expense reporting, billing, budgeting, and other project management tasks. The Project Assistant will assist the Senior Manager, Business Development, in managing administrative tasks relating to client acquisition, including CRM system management, drafting new business emails, and assisting with proposal preparation and budgeting. In addition, the Assistant will support key corporate, foundation, and NGO client projects with back-end implementation support focused on research and knowledge management. This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA, reporting to the Director, Corporate Sustainability Services.
Travel Expectations: Occasional travel expected to VT and DC Offices
Work Authorization: U.S. work authorization is required.
- Oversee administrative responsibilities for the Corporate Sustainability Services team and ensure that projects are operating smoothly
- Manage monthly credit card reconciliation/expenses for Director and other senior leaders
- Manage and supports travel logistics for staff as applicable
- Support and assist in the coordination of regular staff meetings, including staff travel to the Annual Retreat in Vermont, and the team annual retreat in Seattle
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Manager, Business Development on key business development tasks, including management of the customer relationship management (CRM) systems, inputs for proposals, and budget development
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable to manage all aspects of billing for corporate, NGO, and foundation clients
- Manage office budget and develop budget tracking system for client budgets
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Conduct research and other tasks for client work as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or degree with some relevant professional experience, including internships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Zoom, and Google Suite
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and partners
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- General understanding of and passion for corporate sustainability, international development and/or public policy
- Eligibility to work in US
- Client focus (internal and external)
- Problem solving orientation
- Ability to foster open communication and actively listen
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Drive and commitment
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply, click here.