The Vista Hermosa Foundation seeks a Program Officer to manage a portfolio of international grants which contribute to holistic community development. This full-time position is located in Pasco, WA.
Vista Hermosa is a family foundation, established by Ralph and Cheryl Broetje in 1990 to invest in the growth of flourishing communities. Informed by teachings of servant leadership, healing centered engagement and empowered worldview, we take a holistic approach to understanding and reconciling people’s connections to self, others, God and place (shalom). We accompany very marginalized groups of people to discover who they are, find their voice, and be the solutions to their own wellbeing and development. We currently fund partners in Mexico, Haiti, India and East Africa as well as the US.
The Program Officer will work with a small, collaborative team to:
- Manage and monitor grants and prepare funding reports.
- Maintain frequent communications with program partners.
- Create opportunities for cross-learning and collaboration within the portfolio.
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new grantee partners.
- Analyze and troubleshoot program challenges.
- Develop best practices to improve overall program performance.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for programs.
- Conduct program reviews and prepare reports for Foundation leadership and Board of Directors, capturing stories of impact and lessons learned.
- Represent Vista Hermosa Foundation in relevant conferences, meetings and workshops.
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- 5 years of professional experience in international community development, philanthropy, or other relevant field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience working across cultures
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Strong relationship building skills, humility, and self-awareness
- A team-oriented attitude with the ability to be a self-starter
- A valid passport and willingness to travel internationally approximately 2-3 times per year
Salary and benefits
Vista Hermosa Foundation offers a competitive salary, paid time off and sick leave, medical insurance, and 401k plan (after one year of service).
Vista Hermosa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position is open until filled.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Susan Dobkins, Programs Director
firstname.lastname@example.org │3525 East A Street, Pasco, WA 99301