Nonprofits rely on dedicated staff and volunteers to accomplish their mission each day, yet the vast majority don’t have access to a knowledgeable HR professional. That’s where 501 Commons’ HR services come in. You can put your skills in areas of management, culture, and compliance to good use in the Program Manager for HR Consulting and Leadership Development role.
The Program Manager position is ideally suited for a good people manager who is interested in sharing expertise to develop organizations and teams. We believe that increasing staff diversity, following laws and regulations that govern all businesses, and providing the training, supervision, and support that team members need to succeed are crucial elements of effective HR management. Beyond managing and participating in client consulting projects, this position develops engaging educational and professional development programs.
Human Resources Program
Manages client engagements for the HR program in partnership with staff and volunteers to build strong and enduring relationships with the nonprofits we serve:
- Conducts outreach and handles intake calls for engagements to develop scope of work, deliverables, and terms
- Provides guidance to nonprofits regarding HR functions and assigns appropriate staff or volunteers to provide consulting support
- Monitors services to ensure work is accurate, timely, and consistent with best practices
- Maintains Salesforce documentation to manage action items for engagements, track relationships, and support robust reporting and accurate billing
- Routinely gathers feedback from clients and addresses concerns in a proactive manner
- Participates in HR and organization or leadership development consulting with clients as needed
- Develops program budget and goals, monitoring progress to ensure success as measured by financial performance and routinely positive feedback from clients
- Implements approach to program policies, templates, practices, and pricing that ensures program sustainability and limits risk for 501 Commons and clients
- Provides referrals to other services as appropriate
- Develops and executes strategies for recruiting, onboarding, training, and retaining staff who can deliver high quality services and reflect the diversity represented in our clients
- Represents 501 Commons at Nonprofit Special Interest Group (Seattle SHRM) and other meetings
Learning & Leadership Development
Develop and deliver professional development programs to promote effective leadership throughout the nonprofit sector:
- Identify pertinent topics and speakers for networking and leadership development programs hosted by 501 Commons
- Work with facilitators to develop curriculum and presentations for trainings and workshops
- Ensure communications and administrative staff arrange details for programming and marketing to nonprofits
- Manage the coaching program to provide individualized leadership development support from executive service corps coaches (5-10 engagements annually)
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related field
- HR certification
- Broad understanding of HR and nonprofit management, preferably with 3+ years of experience in each area
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with sensitivity for diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Adept Microsoft Office skills with willingness to master 501 Commons’ technology tools
- Experience in developing and delivering training to adults
- Strong people management skills with proven ability to work collaboratively
- Deep familiarity with equity, diversity, and inclusion approaches
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed project goals while contributing to a successful team
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment and to meet deadlines
We know the right person for this role may not meet all our qualifications. If you think you could be a good fit, reach out and let us know!
What we offer
- Flexible work environment with ability to work from home part-time
- Partnering with a small but highly professional team with opportunities for professional development
- Benefits including generous paid time off, employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, and more
- This full-time, exempt position has a salary range of $66,000 – $72,000 annually, DOE
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued and supported.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with HR Program Manager in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!