Join this well-established group in its global fundraising office based in Seattle, WA, USA.
In the early 1990s, an international group of leaders in business, human rights, and the environment came together to develop standards for managing forests. These visionaries were responding to the many dire threats to the world’s forests and in 1994, the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®), the world’s leading and most robust forest certification system, was established. As a market-based reform effort, FSC’s vision is extraordinarily ambitious: use the power of businesses and consumers to create the world’s first market driven model for responsible management of the world’s forests.
FSC Investments & Partnerships is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 2016 with a commitment to dramatically accelerate the profile of FSC’s work, highlight its urgency, and fund its ambition to steward the world’s forests. Its goal is to accelerate the engagement and contributions of individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies around the world.
The Program Manager provides leadership on fundraising across the global organization and reports directly to the Executive Director of FSC Investments & Partnerships. The position is accountable for maintaining high standards and collaborates with international colleagues in program development and proposal writing. This position offers a qualified candidate the opportunity to work for a global organization committed to responsible forest management and delivering impact. The FSC Investments & Partnerships team is located in Seattle and works with colleagues in North and South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia/Pacific. Our team lives by our motto of “Forests for All Forever”.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate and coordinate with program staff and the fundraising team to prepare, write and manage proposal development and grant agreements, including coordinating with global team members to maintain a strict deadline schedule for proposals, submissions, reports, and invoices.
• Research, identify, and lead on prospecting with foundations, corporations, and government funders.
• Work closely with team members to complete due diligence on existing grant requirements.
2 of 2
• Manage donor stewardship, including donor relations and acknowledgement in in partnership
with team members.
• Support fundraising training in the global organization.
• Assist with other fundraising and program development activities as required.
Five years of successful fundraising experience with a focus on proposal and grantwriting. Previous work
with a diverse fundraising portfolio with an international audience and working in a start up culture is
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent writing, analytical, editing, and research skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with grant research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
• A sense of curiosity and comfort with complicated, cross cultural collaborations.
• Strong meeting facilitation skills and comfort working with colleagues via conference and video
• Ability to lead on projects and take initiative.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising CRMs.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. FSC Investments & Partnerships
maintains a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, paid leave, retirement
savings plan with matching contributions, a flexible working schedule, and generous time off policies.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to Dan Peniston
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Please reference “Program Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time.