Amplio’s mission is to empower the world’s most vulnerable communities through knowledge sharing. Our rugged, battery-powered Talking Book audio device enables global development organizations to amplify their reach in remote, low- literate communities. Talking Books provide on-demand access to information in the user’s local language, empowering people to gain new skills and knowledge to improve their lives. Each Talking Book collects usage data and user feedback, which helps our partners monitor their programs, gain a deeper understanding of the communities they serve, and make data-driven decisions for program improvements. Amplio’s technology includes an audio content manager, a mobile app to update content and collect data in the field, and an analytics dashboard.
Since 2007, Amplio (formerly Literacy Bridge) has reached over 600,000 people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda through Talking Book programs and partnerships with organizations such as CARE and UNICEF. With your help, we can form new partnerships to reach millions more people who can benefit from our technology.
We seek an organized and motivated individual to join our team, support our business development research and administration, and then grow with us.
Strategic Daily Business Information Tracking & Research (50% Level of Effort)
- Research global development organizations and their programs to evaluate whether our Talking Book platform could amplify their impact.
- Research and track grant opportunities, including U.S. Government grants, that are seeking proposals that would be strengthened by incorporating our Talking Book platform.
- Manage our SalesForce database and develop reports related to development organizations and grant opportunities.
Administrative Support for Customer Outreach (50% Level of Effort)
- Manage correspondence with potential customers.
- Support the customer relationships and the partnership process.
- Conduct brief presentations or pitches to potential
- Support preparations for meetings, conferences, and other outreach
- Other administrative tasks as
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of administrative work experience
- Experience with global development programs (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proactive, self-starter
- Can work well independently and in teams
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Passion for excellence and continuous improvement, with a healthy pragmatism
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software (preferred)
- English proficiency is required
HOURS: Part Time, approximately 20 hours/week, salaried, not eligible for overtime pay.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL: Position will be based in Seattle, WA.
We’re a small but mighty team. Your experience should represent a motivation to work independently and produce high quality work.
CLOSING DATE: Priority will be given to applications received by July 15, 2019.
APPLICATION: Interested in the Project Coordinator position?
Please send the following to email@example.com: your cv/résumé and a cover letter containing how your experience relates to this role (include specific examples, please!).