- PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Assistant to support a range of projects with our Diagnostics team.
The Diagnostics Program at PATH conducts research and development, technical evaluation, introduction, and technology transfer of low-cost, rapid, novel and easy to use diagnostic tests that are appropriate for use in developing country health systems. We are seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative and programmatic support. The role will support a variety of diagnostics related projects and special initiatives.
- Prepare and coordinate the production and distribution of complex documents, including proposals and reports.
- Track action items and progress towards key milestones and deliverables.
- Schedule and attend team meetings, drafting agendas and meeting summaries.
- Draft, edit, format, fact-check, and proofread a variety of documents and enter data using Word, Excel, and other software.
- Assist senior program staff and team members with travel arrangements, teleconferences (across multiple time zones), and complex schedule coordination, using Microsoft Outlook.
- Coordinate arrangements for guests, meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events.
- Maintain project records, electronic files, and other resources on behalf of team members.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms, including supply request forms, check requests, and reimbursement forms.
- Collaborate with staff throughout the organization to research and gather information for proposals, communication materials, and reports.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of one year of directly related administrative experience required; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Helpful but not required: college level scientific coursework such as biology or chemistry; experience in nonprofit administration, global health, international development, financial processing (such as accounts payable), event coordination and/or similar areas; and experience working with team members in out of state/country locations.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular skill in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience scheduling and executing calls using various meeting forums (MS Teams, ZOOM, ) with people in multiple locations.
- Excellent formatting, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong desk/online research and fact-checking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly, anticipate needs and challenges, and find solutions.
- Demonstrated success working with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success working effectively while under deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision.
- A passion for global health, equity, and advancing diagnostic innovations
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Seattle, WA or Washington, DC, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle or Washington, DC
- Position Type