Start Date: October 1, 2019
Application Deadline: September 7, 2019
Salary: Non-exempt, part-time hourly position. Suggested hourly rate is $30 – $35 DOE. Must be authorized to work in the United States; OneWorld Now! does not sponsor visa applications or petitions.
The Leadership Program Co-Facilitator’s Main Responsibilities:WORKSHOP DESIGN & PLANNING
o Work collaboratively with staff and students to plan and prepare for twice-monthly Leadership workshops.
o Update and design workshop curriculum taking into consideration OneWorld Now!’s existing curriculum and other new resources that may be identified.
o Lead and support workshop activities.
o Develop, support, and counsel student peer mentors; manage group of 60-100 youth.
o Maintain student attendance records at each leadership session.
Other tasks as assigned.
● Experience facilitating workshops and trainings for large groups of students.
● Experience designing workshops and/or curricula.
● Experience working with diverse groups of youth.
● Passionate commitment to social and economic justice.
● Sensitivity to and respect for diverse cultures and different communication styles.
● Team player and excellent communicator.
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
● Ability to effectively manage time.
● Excellent role model for youth; demonstrated integrity and commitment; dynamic, engaging personality
● Strong organizational skills
● International experience
● Command of multiple languages, such as OneWorld Now! target languages (Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Russian) and/or languages commonly spoken in Seattle
Commitment: Average 5 to 7 hours per week during program operations. Leadership workshops are currently planned to take place every other Friday from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm from October to June. Regular planning meetings with students should also be anticipated, usually taking place on a weekday evening (5-6:30 pm) or on weekends when students are available. Leadership workshops take place at Chong Wa Benevolent Association in the Chinatown-International District (522 7th Ave S).