Remote Energy (RE) is a USA based, 501c3 for-impact organization that develops and implements customized solar energy training programs that inspire people with the knowledge and technical skills to make positive changes in their lives and in their communities. We focus our work in marginalized areas where solar energy can be used to address issues relating to climate change, healthcare, education, gender equality and poverty. RE believes access to reliable sources of sustainable energy is a fundamental requirement for the advancement of education, healthcare, economic opportunity and quality of life.
RE’s team is comprised of electricians, educators, innovators and other solar electric/photovoltaic (PV) experts with decades of field experience and a shared vision to catalyze change in the developing world. We are dedicated to inspiring people in places where PV systems can have the greatest impact on people’s lives. RE has recognized a shortcoming in the technical skills of PV installers and the quality and safety of PV systems in many parts of the world. We believe that the most effective way to ensure appropriate, safe and sustainable installations is to build the technical capacity of the people and communities who design, install, maintain and operate the systems. We do this by implementing regionally appropriate, customized technical capacity building programs and developing hands-on, practical learning opportunities for technicians and instructors.
RE also acknowledges the severe and increasing racial, gender and economic disparities and barriers to opportunity in our industry and our work is devoted to addressing them. Our multilingual team has empowered students in their communities in over 25 countries. We have worked with women’s groups, school groups, rural energy technicians, electricians, farmers, community leaders, health care professionals, teachers, vocational schools, etc. Our scalable training programs and mentorship opportunities provide a pathway, methodology and support network for empowering people and communities worldwide.
To learn more, visit remoteenergy.org.
Remote Energy is searching for an experienced grant writer and manager with excellent leadership, writing, and networking skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Continue work on current grants, identify and secure new grants through research and networking, write, submit and manage all grant proposals
- Build strong relationships with prospective donors
- Integrate social media into fundraising campaigns
- Create comprehensive annual plan that ensures quarterly and annual financial targets are met
- Prepare quarterly budgets
- Create innovative ways to raise awareness and funding from individual, corporate, and grant funding sources
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents
- Maintain correspondence and execute agreements and grant contracts
- Raise revenues from $500k – $1.5M per year
- Set up speaking events for our staff
- Work closely with RE staff members and Directors
- Effective communication skills using email, Zoom, Google drive, and other virtual tools
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience creating and managing highly efficient organizational procedures and systems
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working independently and remotely within a high-performing team
- Two years grant writing experience or equivalent
The position will start as a part-time consultant 10/hrs weekly, and has the potential to expand to more hours with the addition of a fundraising role once targets are met.
Applications are due by March 13th, 2020 at 5 pm PST. To apply, submit resume, thoughtful cover letter that compels us to contact you, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org