Earthworm Foundation (EF) is an international and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated part-time Administrative Assistant, based in Seattle, WA USA, with experience in office management and human resources, and who has excellent communication and writing skills, is passionate about working to generate value and interested in working with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market.
About Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation currently has presence in 20 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- An organic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects and build client relationships with exposure to different tasks.
Responsible for supporting the maintenance and smooth functioning of the nine-person US office and collaborating on work with global teams across the organization.
- Support the recruitment, on boarding and off boarding of US staff;
- Support the on-boarding process for EF staff globally;
- Support the audit and maintenance of US employee files and confidentiality;
- Track and report sick time use by US staff;
- Update the US Employee Handbook and Administrative Guide.
- Support the development and updating of budgets and financial reports for the US Office;
- Issue and track invoices and provide follow-up communications on their status;
- Request, compile, review and report monthly expenses for the US Office;
- Support EF’s administration and finance teams with tax filings, tax payments, and audits.
Office and Project Management
- Support tracking of all office equipment inventories;
- Stock supplies for office and kitchen;
- Co-administer office IT and technical systems, including phone and internet issues;
- Support liaising with US Office building management to coordinate facilities services and building-related operations;
- Lead in organizing logistics for office events, including planning and implementation;
- Open and sort mail, and file documents related to HR, finance, legal, and services;
- Answer office phone and check and register phone messages;
- Support senior staff with printing, scanning, copy-editing and formatting documents;
- Complete one-off projects as needed.
- Relevant professional experience;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel;Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word;
- Experience following and implementing administrative systems and protocols;
- Willingness to coordinate with remote offices and teams (sometimes outside normal working hours);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to rigorously ensure accuracy and quality in financial processes and outputs;
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Ability to deliver on time;
- Able to work independently once trained, and with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective prioritizing and carrying out multiple tasks;
Additional Helpful Qualifications (both lived and work experience are valuable):
- Experience or training in Human Resources, Contract Law, or Accounting;
- Experience in event or travel planning;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- French, Spanish, Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesia or other languages a bonus.
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, resilience, and supply chains ;
- Flexibility, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude ;
- Good team player ;
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
In addition to the values and requirements above we seek candidates who are:
- Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Highly organized and passionate about producing high quality work;
- Positive, proactive attitude and oriented to practical problem solving;
- Flexible and eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Part-time position (80%);
- Based out of Earthworm Foundation ‘s office in Seattle, WA;
- Primarily desk work;
- Fitness to do light lifting of files, boxes, and office equipment in an office administration context.
- Valid work authorization required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV via email to email@example.com
The position will remain open until filled. Please put your last name and USAdmin2020in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted by email for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled. Only candidates who send a full application will be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Click here for the original job posting.