The overall purpose of the Operations and Campaign Manager is to provide Sahar with the ability to deliver best in class programs and a capital campaign to build a first ever public boarding school for girls in Northern Afghanistan. This position is responsible for administrative and operational support to the Executive Director and assumes a majority of day-to-day administrative and operational responsibilities, including database management, special events planning and coordination, donor engagement, communications, and marketing. This opportunity provides the manager with the experience of staffing a capital campaign and insights into the inner-workings of a small non-profit. You will position yourself to have a large impact on the status of education for girls in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan.
Sahar is a Seattle-based non-profit that provides access to an educated future for Afghan girls. In partnership with the Afghan Ministry of Education and experienced locally-based organizations, we build schools and educational programs for girls in Northern Afghanistan, empowering and inspiring children and their families to build peaceful, thriving communities. Special initiatives include early marriage prevention, computer coding for girls, innovative building designs and teacher training. Sahar is located in Seattle, WA at the Impact Hub (220 2nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98122). Learn more at www.Sahareducation.org.
The ideal candidate will bring excellent project management, strategy, research, presentation, fundraising, database management, social media experience, and communication skills. A strong aptitude for organization is required as well as a passion for girls’ education. Non-profit experience and technical skills are a plus.
Operations Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Administer Salesforce, Dropbox, Google Docs, Mailchimp, Greater Giving, Global Giving, WordPress, and other database management, online filing systems and mail distribution.
- Manage Sahar’s calendars in addition to scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments for the executive director, president of the board, board members, and campaign cabinet.
- Coordinate the design and production process of Sahar’s branded collateral.
- Coordinate production and regular distribution of donor materials.
- Coordinate grant database including tracking, applications, managing reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Plan and execute small events, as well as collaborate with event manager to execute the annual Sahar Fall Fundraiser.
- Assist with social media outreach and marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with Afghan Fellow social media content and postings.
- Regularly update and create website content.
- Create and administer training for new Afghan Fellow including coaching for public speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with ED to create and post job descriptions for Afghan fellow, consultants, grantwriters, etc.
Campaign Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Holding overall Campaign strategy, keeping track of progress towards overall campaign goal, and maintaining accurate reports of campaign progress.
- Working with the Executive Director to schedule meetings with prospective campaign donors, developing donor meeting materials, and handling meeting preparation and follow-up responsibilities.
- Overall coordination of the volunteer campaign committee and Board – scheduling and attending meetings, creating tasks for committee members and assisting committee members with their tasks and contacts on behalf of the campaign.
- Collaborating to develop collateral materials, public relations, and communications plan for the campaign.
- Ensuring that campaign gifts and pledges are recorded and managed and donors properly acknowledged and thanked.
- Planning donor engagement and appreciation events.
- Working with the Executive Director to manage the campaign fundraising budget.
- Working with Sahar development committee to put together creative fundraising engagement strategies in line with Sahar brand.
Reports directly to the Executive Director.
Full-time position of 40 hrs/week at a rate of $21.00 per hour. Monthly bus pass provided. Sahar will also offer a vacation/sick leave of 3 weeks per year.
Timeline and Process:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases or until position is filled. Phone interviews beginning the week of December 17th and in-person interviews to follow.
Deadline to apply is Friday, January 4th, 2019.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, click here