Earthworm Foundation is an international and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated Office Administrator, with experience in office management, human resources, and book-keeping. Must have excellent communication and writing skills, be passionate about working to generate value and interested in a career with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market.
About Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation currently has presence in 19 countries including USA, Switzerland, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ 230 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to reflect on their own values, and work with us to bring these values to life in their supply chains and global operations. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- A dynamic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
Responsible for maintaining a well-functioning US office and collaborating on work with global teams across the organization.
- Support recruitment, on boarding and off boarding of staff;
- Maintain employee files and confidentiality;
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and city employment law;
- Manage monthly payroll submission to accounting firm;
- Benefits administration, including healthcare, retirement and disability;
- Development and implementation of US HR policies and US Employee Handbook.
- Developing US Budget in collaboration with Head of North America and Headquarters Finance;
- Managing all monthly financial processes, including bank statement reconciliation, bill and invoice payments, expense reporting for all staff and reimbursements to staff;
- Oversight of project budgets and invoicing to members and clients;
- Liaising with accounting firm and Headquarters Finance on tax filings and payments.
Office and Project Management
- Maintaining legal non-profit compliance documentation with city, state and federal entities;
- Processing payments to consultants and managing year-end reporting (1099s);
- Stocking supplies for office and kitchen;
- Tracking all office equipment inventory;
- Addressing office equipment issues; utilities, phone and internet issues, maintain a clean and inviting office environment, etc.;
- Receptionist role of answering the phone and greeting occasional visitors;
- Support senior staff with their monthly expense reports;
- Support senior staff with printing, scanning, copy-editing and formatting documents;
- Arranging international and domestic travel for Head of North America;
- Liaising with Office Building Management to coordinate facilities services and manage any building related operations;
- Event planning and implementation;
- Responding to issues and/or failures of IT systems and performing regular system maintenance;
- Aligning with Global IT Team to ensure compliance with IT guidance;
- Completing one-off projects as needed.
Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications
- Two-year or four-year degree;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience developing and adapting administrative systems and protocols;
- Willingness to coordinate with remote offices and teams (sometimes outside normal working hours);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to rigorously ensure accuracy and quality in financial reports;
- Highly organized and passionate about producing high quality work;
- Able to work independently once trained, and with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience or ability to work across cultures;
- Effective prioritizing and carrying out multiple tasks;
- Positive attitude and oriented to problem solving;
- Proactive and shows initiative;
- Flexible and eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team;
- Interest in improving environment and social practices around the world;
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word.
- Hands-on, practical, innovative.
- Flexibility, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Based in Seattle, WA near Fremont neighborhood;
- Open office with sitting/standing desks;
- Primarily desk work.
- Immediate start;
- US citizenship/valid work authorization required.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by 30th April 2019.
Please put your last name and USADMIN2019 in the subject line of the email.
Successful candidates will be contacted by email for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled. Only candidates who send a full application will be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.