We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
The office assistant position is an opportunity to play a critical support role to Dalberg’s Kigali team. The Office Assistant will be responsible for several aspects of keeping the office running on a day to day basis – including playing a role in office logistics, receptionist, human resources and recruiting, and basic accounting tasks.
The position is full time and will report to the Office manager. He/she will also work closely with global operations leads and HR staff. Working hours are 8am to 5pm, during which the office assistant will be based in our Kigali Heights office. From time to time the Office Assistant may be expected to run errands within Kigali.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage basic HR items, including but not limited to building access, time and attendance systems, insurance enrollment, visa applications, and advisor assignments
- Support recruiting functions, including job postings, sorting applications and scheduling candidate interviews
- Organize local events, such as meetings and events requiring outside facilitates or catering
- Support the team to make travel arrangements for work related travel
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work
- Oversee certain vendor relationships, including but not limited to cleaners, internet service providers, printer and equipment providers, and insurance and risk policies
- Manage Dalberg’s reception, including greeting visitors and answering phone calls and helping to ensure requests are properly channeled to the appropriate people on the team
- Establish and maintain filing system, incoming correspondence, sort and direct mail, and maintain an accurate calendar
- Making local trips to deliver or pick-up key documents or items
- Uphold and steward Dalberg firm values and culture, ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion and an overall positive office atmosphere
- Explementary communication skills, including verbal and written proficiency in English, French, and Kinyarwanda
- Comfort with basic IT systems such as Microsoft Outlook and web based business applications
- High levels of professionalism, and ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment
- Sensitivity to people dynamics and ability to work collaboratively and build trust
- Positive attitude and eagerness to become a key part of a hardworking and high-performing team
- Commitment to personal professional development and growth
Join Our Team
Our current opportunity is in Kigali.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre by 11:59 pm EAT on October 01, 2019. Your application should include a resume and a cover letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
Dalberg is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For more information and to apply, click here.