Tigard, OR – Headquarters – Tigard, OR
At Medical Teams International, we are a team called to action to serve people in crisis around the world.
This is the perfect opportunity for a driven self-starter with a track record for driving results, to work alongside an inspiring and committed team with a shared mission of improving and saving lives around the world.
As the Marketing Specialist, you will play a critical role in our fundraising success. Through impactful marketing programs, fundraising campaigns and communications, you will be responsible for engaging donors every day and inspiring them to come along side our team to serve those most in need. Through every successful campaign, lives are saved around the world.
If you have excellent communication, people and project management skills, great work ethic, willingness to succeed, and a passion for helping people in need…. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
MEDICAL TEAMS Calling: Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health
and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
This position contributes to the calling of the organization by leading the execution of direct response campaigns, fundraising and marketing activities to achieve revenue goals and increase donor and volunteer engagement.
Essential duties AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute direct response campaigns (direct mail), from campaign creation to completion based on the annual marketing calendar.
- Manage external vendors, develop content, manage content approval process, monitor execution, analyze results and make adjustments for future campaigns.
- Establish and execute plans for acquiring new donors, regaining lapsed donors, and retaining existing donors (telemarketing and direct mail) to support donor retention and revenue growth.
- Oversee and execute collateral design and purchase for the organization.
- Support branding needs of the organization.
- Identify high-quality imagery and messaging to support direct mail and email campaigns.
- Provide consultation on direct mail best practices and execution for stakeholders within Marketing and Development organization.
- Provide regular results on campaign effectiveness.
- Provide multi-functional support during disasters.
- Manage Marketing Helpdesk and digital ticketing system and respond to requests.
- Liaise with in-house stakeholders, writers, designers, web producers, and others involved in producing communications deliverables.
- Coordinate timelines and deliverables with the department’s master editorial calendar.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records/data to evaluate cost-effectiveness, profitability, and overall impact of fundraising programs. This may include preparing income/expense budgets and compilation/analysis of performance data.
- Plans and executes integrated campaigns with other members of the marketing team and the resource development team.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, nonprofit communications, fundraising/development, business or a related field required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting on a year-for-year basis.
- Valid driver license
- Minimum 3 years’ previous direct response/marketing/fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination.
- Experience with the production of print, digital, and creative collateral and/or appeals.
- 5 years’ previous direct response/marketing/fundraising experience.
- Previous fundraising experience.
- Experience executing direct response campaigns.
- Experience working with writers, designers, print vendors, and other communications professionals.
- Previous experience within a non-profit organization.
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Values.
- General understanding of marketing performance indicators.
- Knowledge of procedures, workflow and capabilities of software packages for graphic design, writing, editing, proofing, and print production.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM preferred.
- Skill in marketing testing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Understanding of different audiences and how to communicate to them effectively.
- Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of donor records.
- Must be able to exercise considerable initiative.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents, both verbally and in writing.
- Aptitude to work both independently, collaboratively, and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Capacity to see big picture as well as maintain attention to detail – able to transition from high-level conceptual work to tactical detail without losing the concept.