This Seattle-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization seeks a mission-focused, team-oriented, entrepreneurial leader to plan and manage all aspects of marketing and communication to raise the profile of the organization. The Manager will play a key role in positioning the organization for growth and enhancing the delivery of high touch, responsive service to our key constituencies. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a highly-respected global organization.
About Path from Poverty
Our organization reaches across cultures to transform lives and communities by partnering with women’s groups, empowering and equipping women to break the cycle of poverty and live into their God-given potential. We do this regardless of the beliefs of those we serve. Currently our work is conducted primarily in Kenya, in close partnership with the PFP-Kenya regional managers.
Role of the Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager reports directly to the Executive Director, also working closely with staff and the PFP Board on joint projects. The position is integral to the overall success of the organization and requires a strong cooperative approach to support the organization’s strategic goals. This is a part-time position (approx.. 20 hours per week) with opportunities for growth as services demand.
- Enhance and continually evaluate Path From Poverty’s overall core narrative and messaging framework to reflect the PFP vision, mission and guiding principles.
- Ensure that PFP messaging has a consistent voice that addresses a variety of audiences across all communications.
- Continue to develop and manage PFP brand guidelines and quality standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop strategies to broaden awareness of PFP, locally and nationally.
- Produce and publish online content to ensure the PFP website, social media, and e-news are current and engaging.
- Develop and coordinate production of print communication media such as newsletters, brochures, special marketing and promotional materials.
- Utilize and integrate Kenyan qualitative data to develop new stories and donor outreach initiatives to increase awareness and giving.
- Manage all PR and RD resource libraries including photo, video, and marketing collateral.
- Where applicable, secure coverage for PFP in media outlets.
- Administer confidential donor data as it relates to donations and participation.
- Manage donor and volunteer acknowledgement and recognition.
- Support the Executive Director and Missions Advocate in development of donor presentations.
- Develop strategies for the implementation of core fundraising programs: monthly giving, major gifts and giving campaigns (both direct mail and online).
- Develop strategies for the replication of key PFP fundraising tools by community volunteers.
- Work closely with and support the Event Contractor in formal PFP events; including event promotion, organization and on-site delivery. With the Executive Director, strategize on and assist in the organization of additional ad hoc internal and/or external events.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, identify and write appropriate support and leadership grants; assist in the reporting out to grantors.
- As a member of the team, assist in coordination of new volunteer recruitment and oversight of volunteer projects.
A successful candidate exemplifies the core values of PFP, driven by its mission and passionate about equipping women and families to overcome poverty. The successful candidate is a results-oriented individual with a collaborative work style and demonstrated leadership ability.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional integrity and ethical standards, with a passion for the responsible stewardship of donor gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. communications, marketing, international relations) – or equivalent documented work experience.
- Three years’ experience in related position for a non-profit organization or business.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Proven track record building customer and/or donor relationships.
- Experience working or volunteering in an international cross-cultural context.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in order to manage diverse tasks and interact with varied constituencies.
- Experience developing and implementing successful PR/marketing initiatives and donor campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Bloomerang, Firespring, Adobe Illustrator and photo editing applications a plus.
- Highly skilled and creative use of social media.
- Ability to identify needs and opportunities and find creative ways to meet them.
- A sense of humor and ability to function in a sometimes ambiguous environment a plus.
This position works within a strong team-oriented and supportive environment, providing excellent opportunities for flex time and telecommuting. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and federal Holidays (pro-rated); and opportunities for international travel. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience, within the limitations of a small non-profit organization,.
Please send your resume, a cover letter detailing how your experience aligns with the requirements of the position, and one relevant professional writing sample to the Board of Directors HR Representative, Donna@pathfrompoverty.org. The position will be open until filled, but applications received by August 23 will receive first consideration.