Splash (www.splash.org) is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In 12 years, we have reached over 700,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This $45M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do, including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and business minded Marketing and Communications Manager to join our Business Development Team. The Manager will help Splash build connections with external audiences including donors, prospects, and the greater community. This position will use the power of story to demonstrate our impact in a meaningful way.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong project management, and an analytical mindset. Qualified candidates should get energy from working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Business Development. This is a new position and offers the opportunity to contribute to Splash’s mission in an environment that supports learning and professional growth.
Marketing and Communications
- Manage and maintain Splash’s online presence through our website; social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; as well as on platforms like Global Giving, Global Impact, and Classy. Evaluate effectiveness, manage the social media budget, and drive strategy to increase donations and engagement.
- Manage and create content for Splash’s digital editorial calendar, including events, e-newsletters, solicitation emails, and blogs. Monitor media coverage to stay informed about our work and achievements of key people in our community, consistently spreading the love across our social channels.
- Develop compelling content, including grant reports, beneficiary stories, solicitation materials, fact sheets, brochures, and other externally facing communications that convey Splash’s gratitude, progress, and impact.
- Work with the Program and Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation teams to ensure accurate and up to date external communications; highlight our impact through data using tables, charts, and other infographics.
Business Development Support
- Support partner-driven communications by responding to requests for photos, stories, case studies, and other marketing support.
- Create pitch decks and other materials for strategic meetings with institutional donors and other external parties.
- Facilitate partner site visits to our global offices, including itinerary design, coordination of trip logistics, and creation of briefing materials.
- Contribute to Splash events through event logistics, marketing, invitations, and follow up.
- Build strong relationships with companies and organizations by attending networking, sector, community, and social events.
- Be informed and articulate about Splash’s work and international water, sanitation, hygiene, and menstrual health (WASH+) issues.