|Title:||Temporary Senior Manager||Team or Country Office:||Advocay & Program Communications|
|Employment Classification:||Temporary Employee||FLSA Status (only applies to US employees):||Exempt Employee|
|Location:||Seattle||Full Time Equivalent:||.63 to .875 FTE|
|Pay Grade: Level 9 in GTT||US – 9||Travel %:||Enter a % between 0 and 100|
|Supervisor’s Name and Title:||Melissa West, Director A&C||Date Last Updated:||November 18, 2019|
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone. Our vision is a world where every person has the health care needed to thrive. Our programs focus building people-centered health systems that make sure health products and services are available when and where they are needed, with a focus on developing scalable, high-impact solutions. We are driven by a passion for collaboration and partnership, as we believe strongly that collective action is the only way to achieve sustainable change. Our work improves the lives of more than 35 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
VillageReach seeks an experienced professional to support advocacy and communications, with a focus on documenting and sharing evidence and lessons to drive supply chain improvements globally, regionally and in key countries. This is a dynamic role requiring a candidate who can help develop strategies, write compelling policy and advocacy materials, and work with internal and external stakeholders. This position reports to the Director of Advocacy and Communications. We are prioritizing immediate availability and are looking for at least three months at 25-35 hours per week.
- Develop and/or contribute to policy papers, presentations, whitepapers, grant proposals, strategy documents, and other written deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to make technical information digestible and compelling to key audiences through the use of infographics.
- Determine how and where to share materials and information to reach key stakeholders.
- Document and promote the role of champions who demonstrate how supply chain transformations can improve equity, coverage and/or uptake of vaccines and other health products.
- Participate in conversations related to the uptake of VillageReach approaches and programs by government and how these influence broader VillageReach objectives.
- Support VillageReach staff with the development and implementation of advocacy and communications objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of advocacy and communications efforts to increase awareness of health and development issues.
- Experience working with multilateral organizations such as Gavi, The Global Fund, WHO, UNICEF, World Bank, and/or bilateral aid organizations.
- Superb writing skills and the ability to assemble, distill and analyze information for decision-making and presentations. Experience writing articles for major journals.
- Expertise in the use of imagery, storytelling and data visualization.
- Skilled in working collaboratively and collegially in a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to be self-directed, prioritize and perform multiple tasks, problem-solve, and work under pressure.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a global health or international development organization in a public policy, advocacy or strategic communications role.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am. In addition, our global HQ and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter [plus any other desired materials] to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history.
Salary range is $99,300 – $122,200 FTE. Salary will be prorated relative to number of hours determined (25-35 hrs/week).
For more information, click here.