Lane Powell PC is a law firm synonymous with excellence and innovation with ambitious goals for the future. We are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant in our Seattle office to provide high-level support to designated attorneys and other Legal Assistants.
This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Administrative Manager. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Overtime may be required during periods of high demand.
- Proactively maintain overview of attorneys’ workload; anticipate next steps and implement follow-up procedures to ensure tasks are completed
- Maintain attorney calendars; establish and facilitate deadline reminder systems
- Coordinate client and administrative meetings and appointments for attorneys, including conference room scheduling, preparation of materials, and arrangements with a service providers
- Receive clients and visitors; maintain good relations with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship
- Create, edit, revise, redline, and/or proofread correspondence, memoranda and other documents from dictation, written and/or electronic copy
- Receive, screen, route and initiate telephone calls, transcribe voicemail and/or take accurate messages; arrange conference calls
- Process and route incoming mail and electronic communication promptly; prepare outgoing mail for delivery
- File paper and electronic documents with appropriate courts and agencies; ensure proper filing procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Coordinate with Docketing to ensure accuracy of dates, and compliance with firm docketing requirements.
- Coordinate conflicts checks; prepare new business intake forms and engagement letters; open new files
- Maintain administrative and client files, filing electronic and/or paper documents and information promptly and accurately
- Update and release attorney time entries; review and edit client bills
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for attorneys, including hotel, air, and other transportation plans
- Prepare finance-related documents as required, including check requests, expense reports, and trust documents.
- Operate standard office equipment to perform copying, scanning and faxing
- Work closely with other administrative teams
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant law firm experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to accurately type 70 wpm
- Strong command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with legal terminology and procedures
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload in a timely manner and with courtesy and tact
Lane Powell PC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, please let us know. All employment decisions, practices and procedures are carried out without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, political ideology, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable legally protected status. This policy applies to all personnel activities including employment, promotion, transfer, compensation and termination.
For more information and to apply, click here.