Are you an HR professional looking to apply your skills in a diverse, dynamic, and mission-driven environment? We are looking for a Human Resource Generalist to join our team as an internal resource for staff and leadership. The foundation of this role is hands-on comprehensive HR work with opportunities for creative problem solving, project management, and professional development.
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. We believe that helping the people of 501 Commons flourish allows our work to have greater benefit to the communities we serve, and we want someone who shares that vision to be part of our growing, successful team.
This position is a great fit for a dedicated, well-organized people person who can handle multiple priorities. An ideal candidate is a strong collaborator who is interested in open communication and bringing 501 Commons’ strategy and values into our day-to-day people operations.
- Lead active recruitment efforts to attract diverse, qualified candidate pools, and manage timelines and processes with hiring managers and leadership. Manage full-cycle recruitment processes from creating job descriptions and offer letters to screening applicants and conducting background checks.
- Facilitate and oversee onboarding sessions for new staff, ensuring excellent welcoming experience. Update and improve onboarding process as needed.
- Administer 501 Commons’ benefits package: work closely with brokers and insurance providers and handle enrollment, changes and terminations. Serve as point of contact for questions and inquires, and work closely with Director of Finance to ensure compliance and correct reporting.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate HR information for all staff, including ongoing maintenance of documentation and reports to support organizational strategic planning.
- Ensure 501 Commons’ HR practices are in compliance with city, state, and federal labor laws. Stay up-to-date with legal issues and implement changes as needed. Initiate and execute policy updates as appropriate, and serve as point of contact to policy related questions by staff.
- Work closely with Deputy Director and other leaders in the organization to provide professional insight, advice, and support on employee relations issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Qualifications
The ideal candidate is well-versed in human resources management practices, yet open and willing to learn and adapt. They are an efficient problem solver, creative thinker, and are capable of creating rapport and trust among colleagues and leadership alike. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and social justice are essential.
- 3+ years of experience as human resources generalist or similar capacity (or equivalent education)
- Proven track record in managing successful recruitment processes
- Working knowledge of local and federal labor laws
- Adept at Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook, and Excel. Willing to learn other technology platforms
- Degree in human resources administration, SHRM-SP/PHR certification, or similar formal professional development or education in human resources
- Experience in nonprofit organizations as staff, volunteer or board member
- Great listening and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated administrative skills, accuracy, and attention to details
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
If your qualifications don’t match exactly to these requirements but you think you’re a good fit for the position, we still want to hear from you about why you’d be a great addition to our team!
Salary Range: $20-25/hr
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer. We seek to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support retention and advancement within the organization. We believe that a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
For more information and to apply, go here.