The Max Foundation (www.themaxfoundation.org) is a global health organization that believes all people living with cancer have the right to access the best treatment and support. We aim to help people face cancer with dignity and hope by creating treatment access channels for oncology products in low and middle income countries where they don’t exist. By partnering with industry, non-governmental agencies, health care providers, and national cancer patient organizations, we are able to provide effective access solutions. Our international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with all funds raised spent directly on our programs.
We are looking for a team member who will exemplify The Max Foundation’s Values & Guiding Principles: You model excellence by going above and beyond in every aspect of your work to maximize our impact. You show dedication through a passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope. You seek innovation by always looking for progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents. Finally, you value collaboration, working collaboratively at all levels knowing the end result is better for it.
Role Summary: The HR Generalist will provide recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, HR information system administration and employee guidance. Services will be primarily in support of the Seattle Headquarters based team, as well as specified global team members. In addition, the HR Generalist will provide consistent policy administration, interpretation and communication.
The position reports to the Vice President, Administration.
• Be a resource to teammates and managers on Human Resource policies, practices and regulations;
• Provide assistance to the Executive team developing new position descriptions;
• Serve as key support staff person in the recruiting process, including sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting phone-screens, scheduling interviews, conduct background checks and complete employment reference checks;
• Administer efficient on-boarding and off-boarding processes;
• Maintain and process personnel records in compliance with applicable legal requirements using the Foundation’s HRIS system, provide reports as needed;
• Process enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs;
• Serve as a liaison between HR and accounting team concerning payroll;
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 or more years of experience as a Human Resources professional
• Experience with a HRIS and/or electronic payroll system
• Human Resources certification a plus
• Experience working within an international team with diverse background
Essential Work Skills:
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Able to interact with employees at all levels, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment and benefit laws and regulations,
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
We offer compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
To Apply: Email your resume and letter of interest: email@example.com.
NOTE: Please use “HR Generalist” in the email Subject Line
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.