PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We work across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. Our organization is headquartered in Seattle and about 60% of our 1600 team members are based in 70+ countries around the world, primarily in Africa and Asia.
PATH’s Global Engagement & Communications Team leads PATH’s brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH’s work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
Under the leadership of a new Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), we are currently transforming PATH’s brand and communications strategy to drive revenue, awareness, and overall impact for the organization. We recently restructured the corporate communications and marketing department, hired three world-class creative firms to rebrand the organization and completely redesign our website, and we are reimagining our overall marketing efforts with a focus on data-driven communications to increase PATH’s overall impact.
Our department has three focus areas; we are A. the corporate communications department responsible for PATH’s brand, telling the story of PATH’s work globally, and setting strategy and leading the discipline of communications for the entire organization; B. the corporate marketing team responsible for achieving ambitious fundraising, partnership, and policy goals; and C. an internal service center responsible for providing marketing and communications services to internal clients from across the organization.
We are now recruiting our first-ever Head of Marketing Operations to establish, evolve, and develop marketing operations, and internal business development and client services disciplines in the communications department. The Head of Marketing Operations will report to the CMO and be part of a newly formed global leadership team along with our Head of Strategy, Creative Director, Head of Media, and Head of Marketing Analytics.
In this role, you will lead:
Internal Marketing Business Development Lead all pitching and project scoping for internal clients globally, in partnership with the Strategy team; provide revenue forecasting and pipeline tracking; reimagine the internal communications service center including product and service lines and the global service delivery model; partner with the CMO and communications leaders to reposition the department and service lines across the organization.
Internal Client Services Set vision and strategy for internal client services; define metrics and lead team to improve performance on client services metrics including client experience, delivery efficiency, account growth; provide executive level reporting on performance and overall service delivery.
Operations and Marketing Project Management Drive improvement of the end-to-end project delivery process with a goal of reducing timelines and cost while increasing quality and internal customer satisfaction; manage capacity planning of internal and external resources for department; define and implement best practice processes and tools for overall department operations and project delivery.
Marketing Technology Own and manage the suite of marketing products and tools including path.org, Salesforce, and automation and marketing platforms; partner with IT and business unit leaders to build and strengthen organization-wide marketing capabilities through technology.
Business Management Serve as a strategic partner to the CMO on overall vision and management of the department, including being a key partner to our HR and finance business partners; bring best practices from agency and consulting industries to develop strategies to improve the efficiency of the department’s performance and internal revenue models; manage administrative resources for the department.
Team Leadership Build, mentor, and manage a high performing team of project managers, producers, and operations talent; mentor and support individual career growth and expand capabilities of the team.
Marketing Vision Partner with the CMO and communications leaders on a comprehensive organizational design process to define and implement an organization-wide model and structure for communications and marketing; determine gaps in current processes, capabilities, and structures and work with CMO to improve overall communications performance; develop and present high-level, data-driven recommendations clearly to leadership across the organization; partner with CMO and communications leaders to develop and roll out SLA(s) for engagement with corporate and program teams.
- A visionary and trusted team leader with extensive experience attracting, managing, and growing high performing, entrepreneurial teams. 10+ years of marketing operations experience required.
- A seasoned business development leader with a strong track record in creating, growing, and managing enterprise-level client relationships.
- Experienced in highly analytical environments with a background across some combination of media, communications, consulting, business development, and digital marketing.
- Experienced developing and implementing best practice processes, methodologies, and metrics to improve customer satisfaction and project delivery.
- Excellent at leading teams to deliver complex enterprise projects with multi-million dollar budgets.
- Experienced growing accounts from small pilot projects into enterprise level relationships; and scaling revenue and teams to deliver appropriately.
- Deeply familiar with online marketing practices and tactics, including SEM, SEO, display, email, social.
- Experienced driving decisions in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Curious by nature, intrigued by solving problems, and well versed in the creative industry and marketing trends.
- A change agent and systemic thinker, excited by leading enterprise-wide change management initiatives.
- Passionate about both what we do as an organization (global health) and within our department (marketing and communications).
- Excited about the opportunity to transform a global brand to directly impact global health.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location: United States, Seattle
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
To learn more and apply to this job, click here