This full-time permanent position is based in Seattle, WA.
Splash is at an exciting crossroads, having received multi-year financial commitments from several large foundations and governments to rapidly scale our work in India and Ethiopia, while continuing work in other countries. The Global People and Culture Manager is a newly created position that will lead the creation of more robust HR functions globally while ensuring stronger alignment across our offices in Seattle, US; Kolkata, India; and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
A strategic and consultative leader, the Global People and Culture Manager will ensure that Splash’s global people goals, policies, procedures and programs support the organization’s mission, vision, and culture. This includes creating a positive atmosphere and a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion for employees across all country offices and at all levels within the organization.
The Global People and Culture Manager will play a vital role in shaping the future structure of staffing at Splash in the US and overseas during a time of organizational evolution. Over the next few years, we will need to manage the complexity of exiting some markets while ramping up in others, as well as scaling a for-profit social enterprise within our non-profit legal entity. This is a critical position providing dotted line management of human resource leaders in Kolkata and Addis Ababa. The Global People and Culture Manager will report to the COO.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the COO and human resource leaders in Kolkata and Addis Ababa to fulfill our commitment to Splash’s initial core value: People First, People Second, People Third;
- Further develop and fully own enterprise-wide HR systems and strategy to ensure consistency and alignment with best practices in the following areas: recruitment, onboarding, talent management (including performance review and promotion), compensation and benefits, HR policies and procedures, support of training and professional development, succession planning, employee relations, and organizational development – all with a keen eye on diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Help support and at times lead diversity, equity and inclusion efforts;
- Manage and collaborate with HR leads in Kolkata and Addis Ababa.
YOUR TEAM’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partnering with leaders and managers across all geographies to advance our People First culture where all employees can thrive in achieving our mission of clean water for kids;
- Achieve this objective through best practices in the entire ecosystem of human resources.