The Mona Foundation supports grassroots educational initiatives that provide education to all children, increase opportunities for women and girls, and emphasize service to the community. Our goal is to alleviate global poverty and support community led transformation such that no child ever goes to bed hungry, is lost to preventable diseases, or is deprived of gift of education for lack of resources. Since our inception we have granted more than $12M to 38 social and economic projects in 18 countries, supporting the education of 258,000 students, teachers and parents annually. We are looking for a development intern to commit at least 2 days a week/semester.
The intern will be provided an opportunity to learn about fundraising and donor relationship management and will support our fundraising efforts to fulfill our mission of providing access to education for thousands of students globally.
Internships at the Mona Foundation are unpaid, but interns have a unique opportunity to learn about international social and economic development and effective philanthropy informed by field experience while receiving academic credit for work completed.
Reporting to the Development Officer, the Donor Relations Assistant will be responsible for routine communications with Mona supporters who contact the organization through various channels. This position will support the Development Officer in all aspects of our donor management including communications, regular written updates, various engagement activities and data management.
- Updating website content o Working with the communications team to develop content and strategy for variety of different campaigns
- Assisting with drafting email communications and webposts
- Researching best practices for non-profit communications
- Assisting in planning and coordination of various fundraising events
- Researching prospective donors to help improve Mona’s donor base and current donor relationships
- Completing other communications and development tasks as needed
- Passion for service to others, education and gender equality
- Excellent project management, writing, communication, and research skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent and proven verbal and written communications skills
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing advocacy and/or communications strategies
- A strong track record as a project manager
- Demonstrated experience leveraging donor relations databases (ETapestry) and data analysis tools such as Excel
Travel: not required.
Submission: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2 recommendations to email@example.com
The Mona Foundation is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Mona’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, click here.