*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Foundations Partnerships Officer to help support the Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy team.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Foundation Partnerships Officer is a part of PATH’s Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy department in the Global Engagement & Communications division. The Foundation Partnerships Officer is focused on generating revenue and increasing revenue generating capabilities for the PATH Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy team, with a heavy focus on flexible funding opportunities. The Foundation Partnerships officer is an individual contributor role and will provide excellent relationship- management, leadership, strategy and direction to create a sustainable and innovative fundraising model driven by marketing analytics that will attract an ever-increasing level of financial support from foundations around the world. This professional position requires collaboration and strong working relationships across all divisions at PATH. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
Resource Mobilization and Relationship Management
- Strategically collaborate to drive the organizational plan for mapping, researching, prospecting and securing six and seven figure+ foundation prospects across multiple sectors.
- Research large institutional foundations and identify new partnership opportunities.
- Assist the Deputy Director in the pitching and securing of global partnerships, including supporting the Deputy Director in securing meetings, developing pitch materials, and prospect
- Collaborate with PATH internal departments to strategically deploy PATH’s senior leadership and executives to secure six and seven figure+
- Build relationships with key prospect contacts and develop and implement strategic stewardship plans and
- Develop, maintain and support new business development strategies for foundations within portfolio.
- Attract, develop, and retain a portfolio of foundation partners; engage and pitch various stakeholders for private support (unrestricted, donated capital) for development
- Manage a development pipeline of potential and existing partners to maintain strong donor relationships that deepen and grow over
- Develop timely revenue projections and provide complete, accurate internal reporting on partner outreach and activities.
- Effectively manage and lead relationships with external partners, which include professional foundation leaders, C-suite executives, foundation staff and
Business Processes and Development
- Develop opportunities and support solicitations to new and existing donors; write and edit grant Ensure funders receive individual reports and updates on program results in accordance with reporting requirements.
- Develop and edit donor reports, coordinating with Programs and Finance teams to ensure accurate financial
- Track and monitor reporting deadlines of projects associated with accounts in
- Create effective shareholder programming and customized
- Work closely with the Deputy Director to set and implement annual team goals, strategies, milestones, and timeline for reaching ambitious foundation partnerships goals and
- Manage end-to-end relationships, from prospecting to cultivation to transaction process to close to stewardship to report production, including structuring key terms, and negotiating stakeholder
Innovation Insights: Continuous Learning and Development
- Work with Deputy Director to ensure the team is executing plan and moving towards targeted fundraising
- Proactively maintain an understanding of the philanthropy landscape; identify and support opportunities to elevate PATH in the wider foundations/philanthropy
Required skills and experience:
- Five to seven years related experience with a proven track record of fundraising success, or transferable business experience, generating six and seven+ figure new revenue deals from private or corporate foundations and successfully managing strategic partnerships.
- Ability to build authentic relationships with diverse stakeholders with proven skills in prospecting, facilitating, pitching, negotiating and
- Understanding and experience with the stages of partnership development, from qualifying, exploratory conversations, strategic proposal development, negotiations and contracting.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines is essential.
- Ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and styles, and experience working with contacts at all levels of Fortune 500 companies is desirable, including presenting to senior- level decision makers and influencers across business units and functions, including foundation contacts, as well as marketing/PR
- Strong capabilities in gathering information, synthesizing, and crafting compelling and relevant funding
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong working knowledge of global public health issues impacting women and children in lower resourced countries
- Experience working in a matrixed organization and building strong working relationships across many departments preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
To apply for this job, go here.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.