Global Women’s Rights Coalition Seeking Exceptional Communications Specialist (Seattle, Full Time)
Are you fired up about women’s safety and rights around the world? Passionate about the power of dedicated citizens to change the world? Do you have deep experience supporting diverse voices delivering a message of global policy change? Are you a self-starting firecracker, roll-up-your-sleeves, never-say-die, go-getter who goes the extra mile (or 10!) to support those putting themselves on the line for a more just world? Comfortable wearing multiple hats, deftly navigating social media, grassroots fundraising, and policy reports?
If so, we’d love for you to join our team, aimed at global systems change to end violence against women and girls. We are a small team supporting a global women’s rights coalition of 1700+ activists from 128 nations.
Our expanding Seattle-based global women’s rights coalition is seeking a team member to drive our communications efforts:
- Utilize Every Action Platform to Drive grassroots/ online fundraising efforts
- Secure online signatures from nations around the world to end violence against women
- Train our frontline activists in media and advocacy communications
- Utilize Cision and your media contacts to pitch and secure media for our power-house frontline activists
- Conduct policy research to frame the public argument for a new global treaty to end violence against women and girls
- Generate policy papers, memos, concept notes, and briefs
- Work effectively with a diverse global team across multiple time zones and languages
- Work independently, while providing exceptional project management skills
- Recruit and manage small group of volunteers to support the work
- Communicate effectively with the senior leadership team, clarifying priorities and work flow in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Manage production budgets
- Flexibility and willingness to work on additional projects as needed*
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced degree in public policy, global health, gender studies, or similar required
- Highly skilled with Asana, Photoshop, InDesign, GSuite, Hootsuite, and Every Action
- At least 5+ years previous experience in a lead communications role
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well with fast pace
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Able to organize and manage multiple projects, deliverables, schedules, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Please submit a resume and portfolio of work, including social media posts, fundraising campaigns, press releases, policy papers and briefs, training manuals, toolkits, and design work.
- Please include a cover letter and share your responses to: 1. Why this work is appealing to you; 2. Why you are the best candidate for this role; 3. Specify your target salary range.
For more information and to apply, click here.