Global Washington is searching for an Event Coordinator to cover an employee who will be on maternity leave. This is a 3 month contract position (Oct. 18 – Jan. 14, 2021) responsible for the logistics of the 2021 Goalmakers Conference that will take place virtually on December 8 & 9, 2021 and other smaller events during this time period. This position is a remote position with an average of 20 hours a week and includes a required commitment of 40 hours the week of December 6. No work will be expected between Dec. 20 and Jan. 3. This position requires a highly organized, detail- orientated, energetic person who enjoys working with others in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as GlobalWA’s primary contact for conference logistics and registration, working with other staff and an event production
- Tracks conference registration, guests, speakers, vendors and participant
- Creates customized reports for breakout
- Assists in setting up the conference app Whova with registrants, agenda, and virtual exhibit
- Works closely with Director of Communications to ensure that conference marketing/promotions/media outreach are complete, accurate and timely.
- Orders and organizes any needed conference supplies and participant
- Assists Executive Director in preparing for all conference planning committee
- Reports on conference planning progress and
- Works closely with the Director of Membership in October to manage registration and tabling list, responding to member concerns and member code requests.
- Main person for virtual exhibit
- Performs other duties as
- Organize monthly issue campaign events as needed (1 or 2).
- Maintain the GlobalWA Community
- Drafts speaker guides for
- Coordinate with other staff on marketing of
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of successfully planning, promoting, executing and managing a major event or conference. In addition:
- A minimum of two years of event planning
- Exemplary attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Vision, creativity, initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit, combined with strong project management, organizational and communication
- Ability to think quickly and maintain poise under
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, )
- Knowledge and experience with eTapestry and Whova is a
- Knowledge of and interest in the international development community in Seattle is a bonus, but not required.
Compensation: $7,000 for the 10 weeks. Based on an average of 20 hours per week at $30/hour + one week of 40 hrs/week, no benefits.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover note to email@example.com with Temp Position in the subject line by October 11, 2021.