|Position:||Donor Relations Coordinator|
|Location:||South and West Area|
|Vice President Donor Relations
Competitive; Commensurate with experience
|Updated:||July 1, 2021|
NPH USA transforms the lives of vulnerable children in Latin America and the Caribbean by supporting the homes, health services and educational programs of Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH, Spanish for “Our Little Brothers and Sisters”). Together, we help children overcome poverty and become leaders in their own communities.
The Donor Relations Coordinator’s primary role is to support fundraising activity across the South and West Area in their goals to increase the current level of giving from existing donors and secure giving from new donors for NPH. Additionally, the Donor Relations Coordinator is expected to engage in some development activities of their own – through a variety of approaches (event fundraising, child sponsorship drives, associate board events, third party events) – under the oversight of the VP Donor Relations. The Donor Relations Coordinator will also be expected to cultivate a portfolio of existing donors as well as to initiate efforts to attract new donors to support NPH’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Manage donor relationships to raise unrestricted funds for NPH (35%)
- Increase the annual giving of the assigned donor portfolio to achieve fundraising targets using a combination of individual gifts, event donations, Pequeño tour, and child sponsorships.
- Set up face-to-face meetings and regularly correspond with portfolio donors to build relationships and to discuss their annual giving.
- Identify and cultivate new donors previously unaware of NPH.
- Increase awareness of NPH by actively engaging other organizations (i.e. service organizations, schools, parishes, etc.) through speaking opportunities, travel, etc.
- Maintain a portfolio size of 75-100 individuals/churches/businesses in the giving range of $500-$999+
Event Support and Follow-up (35%)
- Provide support for the team before, during and after events to assure that the events are successful and that event attendees are followed up with according to plan.
- Work with event committees to assist with event planning details as directed by staff.
- Lead event planning, execution and follow-up for fundraising events.
- Assist with post-event communication process (i.e. thank you notes, calls, emails, etc.) to assure that we have followed up with all event attendees.
Administrative /Child Sponsorship/ Volunteer Coordination (30%)
- Recruit and manage local volunteers/interns as needed to support the team.
- Coordinate and maintain child sponsorship follow up.
- Monitor / order supplies and marketing materials to support the team.
- Manage relationships with and payment of vendors.
- Facilitate, receipt and correct processing of incoming gifts.
- Input donor information in Salesforce.com and serve as local content expert on the database, regularly running reports and creating campaigns.
- Coordinate in-house mailings, emails, and social media updates as needed.
- Prepare materials, impact reports, child sponsorship stewardship to engage donors.
- Serve as a trip coordinator if help is needed to provide support for trips.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements (please do not apply if you do not satisfy all of these)
- Minimum of 1-year previous fundraising/sales/event planning/customer service experience
- Self-motivated with an ability to develop a plan and see it through to completion
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, digital, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to inspire, positively influence and engage volunteers and donors
- Strong organizational and project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain timely and complete record of activities, results and planned follow up
- Ability to work independently to plan activities and manage schedule to attain goal results
- Demonstrated customer service skills with exceptional relationship management skills and an ability to collaborate with staff and work with peers to accomplish team goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information professionally
- High energy and passion for NPH USA’s mission is essential
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce donor database and MS office is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spanish speaking and International experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel local and international
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include specific salary requirements. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
For more information, click here.