Position Location: This position is remote, but preference of location is Portland, OR or Atlanta, GA or surrounding areas.
Specifically, in your role as the Director of Communications and Marketing you will guide and deliver a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy aimed at supporter growth, mobilization of supporters, and increased brand awareness. You will strategize resources, content and campaigns to increase supporter engagement, increase brand awareness, and lead people to action with Tearfund responding holistically to poverty and injustice.
To apply, click here.
To learn more about Tearfund, click here.
- Develop strategies to engage churches and individuals in Tearfund campaigns for giving, advocacy, prayer and lifestyle change
- Work with senior leadership to develop campaigns for Tearfund focus issues
- Develop and implement digital strategy aimed at brand awareness and growth
- Help establish Tearfund as a leading Christian voice on issues of global poverty, climate change, migration and refugees, and women’s empowerment
- Develop content and campaigns to help tell the unique Tearfund story and methods of working for transformation.
- Write and develop content to support TF campaigns
- Write and develop marketing materials to support offline engagements through events, one on one meetings, and conferences.
Organization and management
- Help the Executive team create targets for audience growth, participation, and increased brand awareness
- Track supporter journeys and participation in Tearfund campaigns
- Keep an active understanding of the American church landscape, trends in our target audience, and
- Oversee two content managers
- Attend weekly staff prayers, lead/participate in team prayer and biblical reflection.
Required knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities
- Proven track record (five years or more) in non profit marketing and communications.
- Experience in full- or part-time (paid or voluntary) church leadership.
- Cross-cultural experience, especially in majority world context.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Committed, mature, Christian with an active relationship with Jesus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant audiences.
- Up to date knowledge of evangelical Christian culture and trends in the broader church.
- Active and meaningful participation in a local church.
- Demonstrated lifestyle committed to Christ. Passion for global justice. Passionate commitment to Tearfund’s value and beliefs, and to living in accordance with them.