DIRECTOR, INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIPS
- Location: Virtual Role, Seattle preferred; domestic & international travel up to 25%
- Reports to: CEO
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Job type: Full-time
- Compensation: Competitive, dependent on experience and location*
With demand for our work greater than ever, we are seeking a Director of Institutional Partnerships to bring their strategic thinking and knowledge of the impact investing/ international development ecosystem to identify and forge fruitful partnerships for Upaya.
We have built a strong track record of accomplishment in investing in “missing middle” companies that are engines of job creation. In this newly created role, the Director will seek out foundation and corporate funders who share our passion for poverty alleviation and belief that there are scalable solutions. In collaboration with Upaya’s program team in India, and supported by a strong team of researchers and grantwriters, the Director will set the partnerships strategy and fearlessly execute on it.
Everyone on our team takes an ownership mindset to accomplishing our objectives. The right candidate will blend “can do” attitude with professional polish and innovative thinking. This role will be part of our management team that collaboratively tackles all questions of strategy and operation for the organization.
If the role is remote, the strongest candidates will have demonstrated the ability to stay motivated and productive on a virtual team.
Who You Are
Someone who has demonstrated your belief that entrepreneurs can effectively fight extreme poverty. While preference will be given to candidates who have fundraising experience, we are open to candidates who have worked in other functions in impact investing or social entrepreneurship. The right candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen and ability to evangelize the advantages of taking an investment approach to solving poverty.
- An exceptional writer, storyteller and communicator: You are skilled in analyzing, breaking down, and communicating complex ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You demonstrate an understanding of the context surrounding an issue area and create logical arguments that clearly articulate the ‘why’ behind mission and impact. Extensive grant writing experience is preferred.
- A thoughtful relationship builder: You have demonstrated your ability to forge collaborations with industry partners and other non-profits, preferably in impact investing or international development.
- A well-organized project manager: You are experienced in leading multiple projects with concurrent deadlines. You take a hands-on approach to challenges and opportunities and are skilled at building processes and systems. You strategically use limited resources to create the biggest impact.
- A flexible, self-directed team member: You are at home in a lean nonprofit environment with the ability to stay focused and nimble in the face of growth and change. You are collaborative, pitch in wherever is needed, and are comfortable with shared responsibility
MBA Preferred or equivalent work experience
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Make sure you include Director, Institutional Partnerships in the subject line. Tell us what interests you the most about Upaya’s work and how it aligns with your own experience and career goals. Please keep it brief but since writing is a critical skill in this role, show us your best stuff!
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Upaya Social Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
*We aim to be transparent on compensation in job postings, but the wide level of experience possible and uncertain geography makes that challenging for this role.