Position: Development Operations Officer
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Founded in 1984, Agros International is a faith-based non-profit organization that breaks the cycle of poverty for farming families in rural Central America through economic and social opportunities. Agros creates a pathway from poverty to prosperity by advancing opportunities for land ownership, market-led agriculture, financial empowerment, and health and well-being. Over the past 36 years Agros has partnered with 45 rural communities in Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Mexico impacting the lives of over 12,000 people.
Position Overview: Development Operations Officer
Agros is looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate and skilled person to join our dynamic Resource Development team. The Development Operations Officer supports the daily operations of Agros’ development team and supports revenue generation through timely and accurate processing of donor gifts. The position maintains the integrity of a detailed and extensive donor database and provides prompt and gracious acknowledgment of donations to ensure a positive giving experience for Agros donors. The Development Operations Officer creates reports and analyses which guide development strategy and forecasting, performs donor prospect research, and serves as a key liaison with the finance team to ensure development and finance records reconcile properly. This position also provides key support of the annual Tierras de Vida gala, especially through coordination of guest registration and gift processing. This position additionally supports general development and communications activities as a member of a donor-centered development team. The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge, numerics, and intricacies of database management, financial reporting, and trend analysis—and will appreciate how vital these are to nonprofit operations. This is a full time, non-exempt position.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience with and thorough understanding of relational databases required—Raiser’s Edge/NXT highly preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook; ability to format data into polished spreadsheets, graphs, and charts for internal and external audiences; ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extraordinary organizational skills
- Phenomenal attention to detail and a strong commitment to and proficiency for self-review of work to minimize/eliminate errors and inaccuracies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities yet remain organized
- Experience working on the development team of a nonprofit organization preferred
- Fundraising event experience preferred
- Proficiency/fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Passion for Agros’ mission
- Affirmation of and commitment to support Agros’ faith-based organizational values and motivation.
Agros International Headquarters is located in Seattle (downtown/Belltown) and has program offices in Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Honduras. There are 11 team members in Seattle/US and 27 team members in Central America. We are a diverse team of multiple ethnicities, ages and backgrounds. Spanish proficiency is not required, but a definite plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary range between $45k-$60k depending on experience. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, 20 days paid vacation/year, 2 personal days/year, and standard holidays.
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest in the position, and how you meet the qualifications. Also attach a resume. Send to email@example.com Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to schedule an initial screening call and follow-up interviews.
Join our diverse team of dedicated non-profit professionals engaged in a great mission to uplift the lives of the poor.
For more information, click here.